Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark angels rumours
noticed that Sammael has scout as well, so he can outflank with some ravenwing knights, plasma the crap out of something, take a couple of lascannon/plasma hits for the lads, move, shoot again and then charge in with his AP2 sword and all the s5 rending attacks from the knights Smile

The RW command squad may be a bit tricky to use, with only 3 models but you can give them the banner which now has 6" range for +1 attack, so could give a nearby squad some extra attacks. Not sure the apoth is worth it though with only 3 models.

Worked out that although my DW army is more expensive, my RW one is much cheaper.

We can also take 15 speeders with tml's and hb's for 1125pts. that's 30 frag or krak missiles and 45 S5 Ap4 shots a turn. Won't be doing it cos I've 'only' got 4 speeders (one a very old metal one) but it would be pretty cool.

10 devs with 4ml and flak for 240pts, can combat squad and one of them can be bs5 due to the signum Smile good anti-flyer, anti-horde and anti-mech (except AV14). In fact can do 2 x 5 man dev squads with 2ml for the same price, so get an extra signum if not using the other HS slot

Also happy that our drop pods have gone down to 35pts and come with the standard rules now, so dropping a tac squad is an option now.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Just noticed that Belial and Sammael have to be in the primary detachment to unlock their respective forces as troops. this means that you cant have a Terminator squad as troops if you ally in either of them!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Haha! we keep them to ourselves!

Also the DW command squad is no longer troops anyway, so less likely to be taken apart from in big games.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
seems like theres a debate going on about DWA units not counting towards the 50% reserves rule....could make things interesting!

there's so many little errors in this codex its a bit frustrating, darkshroud has stealth in one section but not in the other, Belials Iron halo disappears etc...

Im thinking i might try a
Belial + 10 terminators with 2 TH/SS & 2 A/C as a core section of my army.....could be fun on the first turn drop!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Massive chunk of points that though. This is one of the lists i'm looking at at the mo, although I haven't got a drop pod:

Azreal
3 x DW(5man) - cml and 2 th/ss per squad
2 x RAS - each 3 bikes, 2mg, attack bike - mm
RAS - 3 bikes, 2 flamers, attack bike - mm
command squad - drop pod, apoth, 2 meltaguns
whirlwind
libby, combi plasma, auspex

comes to 1750. Not much to take out fliers though but hopefully should be deep in his deployment zone by the time they come on. Azzy and the libby join the command squad in the drop pod to support the DW assault after the bikes scout forward turn 1.

Second list I am looking at is this:

libby - lvl2, infrathing
Tac squad - 10man, pg, pc, Rhino
Tac squad - 10man, pg, pc, Rhino
Scout squad - snipers, camo, mb
Dev squad - 4lc, 10 man
Dev Squad - 4ml with flakk, 10man
RAS - 6 bikes, 2 flamers, ab - mm
DW squad - ac, 2 th+ss
RAS - 3 bikes, 2mg, ab -mm
Whirlwind

libby goes with the lc dev squad and gives night vision plus prescience and maybe ignores cover. It is more shooty than the other list, get a lot more models but still has an assault element in the DW. Tacs push forwards to support where the DW are going to come down and scouts hold a backfield with the devs and libby.
Those both look very good. Im still debating my 1750 list but i think i'll be using some black knights in place of the DWK so i can get more troop choices in.

I've got a 1500 point tester i'll be trying tomorrow and we'll see how that goes as a base to build on.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Looks like Azrael and Ezekiel are next up for the finecast treatment, the metal versions have disappeared from the GW site (hoping so as i was holding off getting those models.)
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Dark angel FAQ is up
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Right, ignoring contemptors and any other forgeworld stuff, whats the best way for a Dark angel army to deal with flyers?

I have 215 points - ish.... (i don't want to ally in anything if i can avoid it)
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
(04-02-2013, 03:37 PM)Simian Wrote: Right, ignoring contemptors and any other forgeworld stuff, whats the best way for a Dark angel army to deal with flyers?

I have 215 points - ish.... (i don't want to ally in anything if i can avoid it)

hyperios missiles 4 for 140pts (35pts each) or a defence line weapon.