Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark angels rumours
Pictures are up all over the place of the codex.

Looks like no Cypher....Boooo

Cant wait to get my hands on the book tomorrow and start working out a new list.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(10-01-2013, 07:33 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(10-01-2013, 11:52 AM)manrogue Wrote: - No specific psychic Dark Angels. Ezekiel has a power that is S4 AP 2, D3 shots, I believe.

I assume you mean Psychic Powers. Easy way to tell thats correct, is that GW have not put the cards up for sale. Any Psychic Powers or Magic Lores woe WFB will be getting limited edition cards (seeing as the LE stuff is a money grabber,) and lack of them from any book release, means that your looking at rule book spells / powers if allowed for the army.

Thats what i am assuming as well, copy and paste job from dakka Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
probably a safe assumption.

i like the look of the sacred standards you can get
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-28VQXM...JjN2M/edit

Tongue

Awesome! What I like about it most is that greening is back and there are so many different options. I predict a lot of dark angels allies!

My old dw list now doesn't work due to increased cost of dw squads, the cml andstormshields, but this is more than made up for by all the cheaper stuff like tac squads, dev squads, ass squads, whirlwinds etc etc.

The ravenwing have lost fearless, but are much cheaper. With a dark shroud, and even without, they are looking great. The death wing split fire will be good if you take a 10man squad, and twin linked when they drop is good. Death wing assault is better cos they can all come down turn 1.

Scouts are now a good unit with camo cloaks combined with a cheap tech marine for bolster ruins, sniper rifles and a flak ml. Nice backfield unit. Our libby just went from useless at 120pts to amazing value at 65pts.

Do you reckon being inner Circle and attached to unit makes the unit fearless?

Another thing I noticed is sammael is now an independent character and can be attached to a unit to protect him, the ravenwing knights or a command squad being ideal.
So many lists to think about now, would really like to try proper mixed wing.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(13-01-2013, 03:44 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: The ravenwing have lost fearless, but are much cheaper. With a dark shroud, and even without, they are looking great. The death wing split fire will be good if you take a 10man squad, and twin linked when they drop is good. Death wing assault is better cos they can all come down turn 1.

Do you reckon being inner Circle and attached to unit makes the unit fearless?

Another thing I noticed is sammael is now an independent character and can be attached to a unit to protect him, the ravenwing knights or a command squad being ideal.
So many lists to think about now, would really like to try proper mixed wing.

Deathwing assault all in turn 1 or two is great, yes i think fearless is conferrable by an attached inner circle member.

and yes sammael is now not only cheaper but he is independent character which is great. i love the idea of having a knights guard for him.

I definately think that a real balanced tri-wing army is the way to go. but you can make some awesome combinations too.

Fancy smashing someone in the face? 10 DW knights on a turn one drop. or how about blowing the b#####y doors off? 10 DW terminators, rerolling all misses with 2 assault cannons and a 16 storm bolter shots dropping right in behind the enemy.

tactical drops? bomb those knights forwards and place your DW in the perfect spot.

worried about your backfield being shot up? darkshroud is your friend!

Im loving this codex.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Yeah already have a painted ravenwing, so looking forward to topping it up with Belial and the boys.
I've undercoated 5 Deathwing knights and a trio of Ravenwing Knights to round out my existing force today.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
(13-01-2013, 03:44 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Awesome! What I like about it most is that greening is back and there are so many different options. I predict a lot of dark angels allies!

Totally agree Wink

Got to love a fearless, 4+inv save blob, with all the other rules haven't read up on.. and then I'm tempted by a libby with lvl2 for 100pts! LOL or Exec for level3! Deny the witch against lvl 1 becomes a 4+! for 145pts

Lots of options as an ally or as a primary army.

(13-01-2013, 03:44 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Awesome! What I like about it most is that greening is back and there are so many different options. I predict a lot of dark angels allies!

defiantly a lot of allies options, except for the fact that Dark angels aren't battle brothers with many armies.

Still 680 points for 2 A/C and 2 T/H terminators in a squad of 10 and Belial and they're scoring...is quite the basis for an army or the entirety of an allies force.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss