Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark angels rumours
Yep and hopefully they will keep the apothecary so those termies can also have FNP Smile

liking the sound of this more and more, the inner circle unit sounds epic and nice that i can take Ravenwing without Sammy (if true), cos unless they change his rules/points he's not worth it at the mo except as a 205pt tax to take ravenwing as troops.

'Ravenclaw Air superiority fighter' = awesome (i hope), watch out Guard and Necrons!!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(26-09-2012, 02:16 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: 'Ravenclaw Air superiority fighter' = awesome (i hope), watch out Guard and Necrons!!

My 'boys' will enjoy that, Hydras were built for that! ;-)
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
nooo, don't mention them, you'll spoil the fun!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Don't worry, they'll still get their fun.... Unless GW update the Hydras to have Intercept, then they might not Wink
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Some new rumours from warseer:

I've been reading the new novel Ravenwing, and while I'm not finished yet, the first battle introduces several new units we haven't seen before. I would not be surprised at all if these were cribbed from the new codex in some way.

First, we have the Vengeance-pattern Land Speeder. They're described, "Vengeance-class speeders spewed a torrent of plasma fire at the smoke-shrouded walls while rockets slammed into the ferrocrete barrier from the Tornadoes."

Then we have the Darkshrouds. They're described:
"Modified from the standard Land Speeder chassis, each anti-grav vehicle carried a pitted, ancient statue from the Chapter's fortress-monastery. The solemn hooded figures glowed with power, coils of cable sending nascent warp energy through arcane generators that threw out an all-concealing blanket of darkness. As they joined the attack, the shadow of the Darkshrouds enveloped the dropsite, obscuring the Thunderhawks as they touched down on plumes of plasma."

Also described are Dark Talon and Nephilim fighters. They don't have any physical descriptions, but the Dark Talons have Hurricane bolters and the Nephilims have Avenger bolt cannons and "Blacksword missiles".

Finally, we have the Black Knights, which appear to be the elite of the Ravenwing and "Sammael's chosen warriors". The book says they have "hammers with beaked heads" (it later explicitly describes them as shaped like raven heads), and they ride bikes with in-built plasma weapons. The unit leaders appear to hold the title of "Huntmaster". They also know more about the history of the Dark Angels and the Fallen than the rank and file Ravenwing, having been "inculcated in all seven Rites of the Raven, possessors of knowledge above their brethren, though not yet made aware of the Fourth Level of Initiation."
that all seems quite good.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
A new one from today-
neko on Warseer wrote:

So, I've seen a fighter that looks like a marine version of a Thunderbolt/Avenger crossover, and some quad engine land speeders with dorsal mounted plasma weapons and a gunners pulpit on the nose.

Well, the 2 planes I saw were:
Chin mounted gatling cannon (something like an Avenger cannon), with wing mounted missiles (pod mounted, in the same style as the Storm Raven).
Chin mounted wide-bore cannon the types of which I haven't seen before (but which looks like it'll be firing a high energy discharge), with wing mounted loads'o'bolters (hurricane bolter basically).
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Vince your slipping. Not a mention of what leaked last knights.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Forget what i said about not liking flyers, just seen the New DA one.....Sold.

Terminator Knights? Sold
Ravenwing Knights? Sold
Belial.....nope
LandSpeeder....nope
Finecast Asmodai? sold

Its going to be an expensive January. thank god for Christmas Bonus.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Don't like the Landspeeders all that much, but the Terminators and the new Flyers look very nice