Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (7th edition link on page 7)
(24-04-2013, 08:05 PM)smallpoxeldar Wrote: Hi guys
"Some of the rule arguments i read on dakka are comical at best, face palm worthy at worse. Worse one i have read recently is putting your Comander with a drone controller with a Riptide (MC) and 2 shield drones (Are part of the unit and not wargear which then makes it a 3 man unit) to make him T6 (majority toughness) and the drones BS5..... Technically legal but so broken and not intended."

was looking at this and it is not legal as you can not join a MC as it is a sole one unit, so this idea is not legal, otherwise I would join a Haemonculus with my Talos.
It is technically legal on a riptide with missile shield drones as drones count as members of the unit, so with drones it is actually a 3 man unit. As I say a mistake on there part and will be faq'd.
Edit- deleted multiple posts, post 6 times for some reason! Stupid new phone! Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Sorry Vince forgot the drones are part of the unit so ye it is correct then, I always thought the Riptide should be a Character MC anyhow.
(24-04-2013, 11:09 AM)Simian Wrote:
Quote:Page 99 – Deathwing Terminator Squad, Options
Change the second bullet point to:
“• Any model can replace his storm bolter and powerfist
with:
- a pair of lightning claws ……………………………….free
- a thunder hammer and storm shield ………….5 pts
great....so my terminator sergeant who doesn't have a storm bolter and powerfist cant take a Storm shield and Thunder hammer any more.....what a joke.

so the sergeants have to take a power sword? bit pants, oh well. Better paint a few more power swords...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
happy about extra black knights on command squad and the fact that the hurricaine bolter and banner of dev combo is allowed.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
@jaqenhgar
It has to be a mistake. I may just be ignoring this....

Quote:happy about extra black knights on command squad and the fact that the hurricaine bolter and banner of dev combo is allowed.
yes these are both good.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(26-04-2013, 03:13 PM)Simian Wrote: @jaqenhgar
It has to be a mistake. I may just be ignoring this....

Quote:happy about extra black knights on command squad and the fact that the hurricaine bolter and banner of dev combo is allowed.
yes these are both good.
I'm sure people wouldn't mind if we had a house rule that they can swap out power sword for TH/SS as i think they made a mistake. It will be FAQ'd on the next one i bet.....
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Manrogue
if people are ok with it that would be great. i do have some Power sword options but its seems crazy to remove that option. it has to be a mistake made when they were trying to allow TH/SS+Cyclone
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
ok reconcile this for me.
FAQ - BRB
Q: Do embarked passengers with ‘area of effect’ wargear, measure the range of such items from the hull of the transport they are embarked upon? (p78)
A: Yes.

FAQ - DA
Page 64 – Power Field Generator
Add “If the bearer is embarked upon a Transport vehicle, the powerfield’s effects only apply to models embarked upon that vehicle”.

nice targeted hit on Dark angels only....
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Seems like they nerfed the DA one because it was too powerful in combination with landraiders if the pfg is inside one. With orks the BW's are AV14 on the front armour only, and usully open-topped so are much easier to destroy, plus I think the KFF is only a 5+ save on vehicles now?

So consistency wise it's unfair, but probably a game balance issue.
Quote:KFF is only a 5+ save on vehicles now?
that would make more sense. i thought it was a 4+ as well.

still, its not consistent which is the annoying thing. i dont mind which ruling is used as long as its consistent.

BW's are AV14 only on front? i thought it was front as side. Hmmm thats more interesting.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss