Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necron Rules Queries
Sounds like the makings of a good list I'm gonna guess at warriors in arks as your troops with lords in barges and royal courts with pulses, fast attack I'm gonna guess is wraiths :p

Or immotek with reroll court Wink as your hq

[/quote]

Well I would like wraiths but haven't got any so a small unit of scarabs, one ghost ark, 2 solar pulses some tesla immortals with a veil and 2 barge lords, plus some dest teks. CAn't remember the exact list at the mo. Oh yeah two units of warriors as well.

Eventually would like some wraiths and some spyders but they'll have to wait for now.

We'll see how it goes, should be fun!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Chris, that list looks pretty nasty, with all of the fire power and the mobility. Looks like I'm going to have to rely on the dreads to do the damage.

Do you fancy playing one of the tourny missions next week? I know they are the standard missions but they have set deployments. :p

Yep sounds good!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
OK so after the game vs Rob's Grey Knights my overlord with mindshackle scarabs got into combat with his Dreadknight. The Dreadknight failed his Ld test and proceeded to attack himself Smile and I thought he could instant death himself after wounding with his force weapon. Rob disagreed so we ruled in game that he wasn't ID'd.

Having looked around and re-read the wording of the mss rules, it looks like there is some disagreement, in fact the INAT FAQ (yeah I'd not really heard of it either - it's an independent FAQ not affiliated with games workshop I think) says that you can ID yourself with a force weapon as long as you haven't used up all your psychic powers for that turn. However the consensus seems to contradict this since the rule states you can use the abilities of the weapon, but the ID thingy is a psychic power channeled through the weapon and not actually an ability of the weapon itself.

So I think Rob was right and a psyker can't be foced to ID himeself via mind shackle scarabs.

There is an exception which is that if a group of psykers (ie a Paladin squad) has already activated their force weapons in the assault, then any wounds caused on the squad by a mss-controlled member of that squad will cause instant death.

All got that? Great! Simples.
Smile 
(19-06-2012, 11:44 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: A psyker can't be foced to ID himeself via mind shackle scarabs.

There is an exception which is that if a group of psykers (ie a Paladin squad) has already activated their force weapons in the assault, then any wounds caused on the squad by a mss-controlled member of that squad will cause instant death.

Totally agree with this and after doing a little research myself, which supports this answer.

Cheers Chris for looking this up Smile

Also, I re-read the Reanimation Protocols rules after what you said and you were right again (!) it does say that if you are falling back then you lose the RP rolls, but I think you still get to roll for ever-living. Takes a bit of time getting used to a new army! Hope my Doom Scythes perform better in the next game!
OK got another question:

I attach a cryptek to a unit of warriors. If all the warriors die, does the cryptek on his own still count as a scoring unit?

He is not an independent character, can't be picked out in assault and can't leave the unit so for all intents and purposes is like a sergeant in a space marine squad once he has been attached.

If the cryptek dies and passes ever-living to come back, does he still count as scoring?
Yes the Cryptek is scoring if originally placed in a scoring unit and is the only one left of that unit, you're totally correct in your analogy of them being like Sergeants, same goes for the Lords.

cool, thanks.