Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waaagh!
Yay, no need to go mad and buy 3 of them anymore. Like i said, it's a worthwhile upgrade if its for the whole squad, but 15 points to buff a single model ONE point of weapon skill, it's just not worth it
(29-02-2012, 07:50 PM)Nick Wrote: Yay, no need to go mad and buy 3 of them anymore. Like i said, it's a worthwhile upgrade if its for the whole squad, but 15 points to buff a single model ONE point of weapon skill, it's just not worth it

Yeah, as I thought that it said "any Nob increases its WS by 1" instead of "any Mob increases its WS by 1"!
Right then, so previously I spent 375pts on 5 Nob Bikers, however now I'm not sure if I'm even gonna have a Nob Biker squad at all! I've decided that 45pts for one model that will probably go on the first turn (let alone 5 of them!) is way too much. Then when you add the upgrades, you begin to delve dangerously close to the 300pts realm, which is where I most certainly do not wanna be with Orks. Preferably, I'd rather not go above 200pts, but 375pts is ridiculous. I'll most likely have 2 squads of 30 Ork Boyz, then also a squad of 20, then if I've got any spare points left over at the end, I'll try to squeeze in some more. I'm gonna have a squad of 6 warbikers (150pts for the 6), my 3 Deffkoptas and then lots o' Trukks. Any leftovers will go towards some more Boyz and definately some Lootas. Probably some Nobz and maybe some Tankbustas, then after that I'll have a Battlewagon and maybe some Zzap Gunz. However, after my Boyz, bikes, deffkoptas and Trukks, I'll need to have some sort of anti-tank weaponry, so I'll most likely be taking lots of Zzap Gunz, Rokkit Launchas and other stuff that'll kill tanks... TANKBUSTAS! Definately.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I dont doubt that the Nobz bikes are pretty good, but i think that they cost a disproportionate amount of points compaired to other things you could take. Like i said earlier, if they got focus fired, it would leave your hardest hitting squad in ruins, and in a 1500 points game i think they are just too expensive unless you have a specific plan in mind for them.
How about Battlewagons with Deffrollas and then you can just be really orky and ram stuff?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(29-02-2012, 10:27 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: How about Battlewagons with Deffrollas and then you can just be really orky and ram stuff?

Yeah, I'm gonna get a Battlewagon (I say a...) and fix it with a Deffrolla, as I think that that could be useful for tonnes of stuff! Firstly getting a squad of plain Nobz around (10 of them, a Painboy and my Warboss!) and then ramming stuff and shooting stuff with a Killkannon and Rokkit Launchas!

Can you have 2 people attatched to a unit (Painboy and Warboss)?

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Isn't a painboy just an upgrade to a unit of Nobz? So you can, and anyway, you are also allowed to attach two Independent characters to the same unit.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(01-03-2012, 02:19 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Isn't a painboy just an upgrade to a unit of Nobz? So you can, and anyway, you are also allowed to attach two Independent characters to the same unit.

Right you are. Thanks! That's a massive help.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Just recently discovered something quite awesome about Nobz, Megannobz and the wargear that they can have.

A Nob is 20pts normally, and with the addition of a Power Klaw, that makes it 45pts. So, if I were to have a whole squad of Nobz with Power Klaws, then that would be 450pts. However, a whole squad of Nobz in Mega Armour is only 400pts (40pts each), and that includes a Power Klaw, Twin-Linked Shoota and a 2+ saving throw!

Just thought that, if I were to have a massive squad of Power Klawed Nobz, it would be 50pts cheaper to have them in Mega Armour and give them a 2+ saving throw! Also, I would probably stick them in a Battlewagon, have nine of them and give them Ghazgkull Thraka to lead them into battle!

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Didn't you look to see Meganobz cannot take your pain boy or something on tuesday?

Also I assume that you can choose to upgrade certain Nobz, meaning more choices for wound allocation, unlike 10 slightly cheaper but equally equipped, Mega Armoured dudes.

But yes, sometimes it is possible to work out cheaper ways to buy something, as long as you are willing to look.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
If you were going to go for a big unit of Nobz I probbaly wouldn't go for more than 3 power klaws, on the charge that's something like 12 pk attacks with a load of ablative wounds from the others, going to make a mess of most things.