Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waaagh!
What is their base weapon skill without the banner? If it's 5 then i would say dont bother with them, and even then i would be tempted to drop 2 of the banners, and 1 or 2 of the klaws and just put the banner and klaw on the one Nob
(26-02-2012, 08:52 PM)Nick Wrote: What is their base weapon skill without the banner? If it's 5 then i would say dont bother with them, and even then i would be tempted to drop 2 of the banners, and 1 or 2 of the klaws and just put the banner and klaw on the one Nob

Their base WS is 4 and I had intended to put the 3 Waaagh! Banners with the 3 Power Klaws, but I can see your point that I don't actually need that amount of power klaws, so I can actually just get away with one Banner and one Klaw. Thanks, Nick.
Here's what I now intend of doing Biker Nobz-wise:

Elites
5 Biker Nobz: 225pts
Stikkbombs: 5pts
Power Klaw: 25pts
'Eavy Armour: 25pts
Waaagh! Banner: 15pts
295pts

Even though that's still a lot of points for just 10 wounds, I still belive that they will earn their points. I have seen them survive Tau and Space Marine firepower, then get into kombat and kill, kill, KILL!

("Kombat": I've caught the Ork disease!)
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
You're welcome. Its really tempting to jam in as many upgrades and weapons into some squads as possible, but alot of the time its just making them a bigger target, without actually making the unit much more effective. Grey Knights taught me that, with my 700 point squad of ultimate destruction. Almost totally unkillable, but couldn't move fast enough to stop it being without enemies to fight for most of the game. I had 5 Paladins with all the trimmings, daemon hammers, an apothecary, brotherhood banner, warding staves....and the unit was led by Kaldor Draigo himself, in my mind one of the hardest special characters there is. Str 5 toughness 5, 6-7 attacks on the charge, causes instant death, str 10 against psykers and daemons, can be buffed to str 6.......and on top of his amazing statline, he has a mass of powerful special rules.....but it was too many points, and the unit couldn't do enough while it was on the board at the smaller games i was playing.
Thats 80 points you just saved, while barely reducing the hitting power of the squad
Thanks, Nick. Now with those 80 points, I can have...

Big Grin.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(26-02-2012, 09:18 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: Thanks, Nick. Now with those 80 points, I can have...

Big Grin.

MOAR BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!
(26-02-2012, 09:21 PM)Nick Wrote:
(26-02-2012, 09:18 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: Thanks, Nick. Now with those 80 points, I can have...

Big Grin.

MOAR BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe...

Yeah, that's what I was gonna do, as that will give my force a lot more flexibility on the battlefield. Nick, you're gonna regret helping me out when I come to play you!

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Bah where's the fun in an easy fight? ^_^
I rarely take a many terminators, i have terrible luck with there 2+ save! Even then i usually put them in a landraider which you would have to pop first to get to them!
Looks a nice and fun to play with list Luke.
Just out of interest, can you mount a Mek boy on a bike?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(27-02-2012, 10:19 AM)manrogue Wrote: I rarely take a many terminators, i have terrible luck with there 2+ save! Even then i usually put them in a landraider which you would have to pop first to get to them!
Looks a nice and fun to play with list Luke.
Just out of interest, can you mount a Mek boy on a bike?

Nah, and unfortunately not a Painboy (gives them the Feel No Pain rule and he's got a Poisoning (2+) weapon) either. Would be pretty sweet, though.
Will bring the Codex today to have a look at.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Vince, I have just found out that a Big Mek can actually go on a Warbike, but unfortunately if he does, he then cannot take the Kustom Force Field. Sigh...
(26-02-2012, 08:52 PM)Nick Wrote: What is their base weapon skill without the banner? If it's 5 then i would say dont bother with them, and even then i would be tempted to drop 2 of the banners, and 1 or 2 of the klaws and just put the banner and klaw on the one Nob

Also, I have discovered that the Waaagh! Banner does in fact apply to the whole squad, so it's 15pts for the whole squad to increase their WS by one. Usefull!

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)