Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waaagh!
Yeah, that was just a list to see what improvements could be made from some one like Vince or Nick so that I can get some feedback. I see what you mean about the Big Shootas and Biker Nobz, and also about the anti-tank guns. Thanks for the feedback, guys.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Didn't mean its a bad list, was just pointing out some things that you might struggle with in games, and where you could scrape a few points for some more boys Tongue
(26-02-2012, 07:55 PM)Nick Wrote: Didn't mean its a bad list, was just pointing out some things that you might struggle with in games, and where you could scrape a few points for some more boys Tongue

Thanks. I will definately sort out that Biker Nobz issue, though, as I could get 60 Ork Boyz and still have points to spare for the amount that they cost!

Will probably knock up another list soon, just to see if I've managed to get in a few more Hordes of Boyz. Thanks again, Nick and Vince.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I was just worried that an enemy, praticularly one with lots of firepower, would just single out the nobz squad, leaving 300+ points of your army in tatters after a good shooting phase and then you wouldnt have the numbers or hitting power to deal with him once you got to his units. Having a uber powerful "Unit of Doom" looks cool, but from personal experience you run the risk of it either being shot to pieces, being bogged down in protracted combats/difficult terrain, or you just dont get the maximum potential out of it. The risk is increased in smaller games i feel, where more mainstay units give you a bit more of a flexible game plan, and save the mega-killy stuff for when you have either more points, or a very specific game plan you want to try Tongue
No worries mate, like to help/chat where possible!
One of the main issues with a squad worth over 200 pts with orks is that it is alot of points (for orks anyway!) and there is nothing worse than losing that squad in the first couple of turns before it does anything. Which i know from expierance!Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(26-02-2012, 08:31 PM)Nick Wrote: I was just worried that an enemy, praticularly one with lots of firepower, would just single out the nobz squad, leaving 300+ points of your army in tatters after a good shooting phase and then you wouldnt have the numbers or hitting power to deal with him once you got to his units.

Yep, that's a very good point, and I'm definately going to have to do something about it. It's just that my friend up the road from me and his Dad (Hopefully will be coming to the club soon) use Biker Nobz and they take out 10 man Terminator squads! Also, they are very fast, so getting them shot at before hand won't be much of an issue, and with two wounds, they are virtually unstoppable. However, you are right as if the enemy had a good round of shooting, then that would be about 1/6 of my points gone!
(26-02-2012, 08:33 PM)manrogue Wrote: No worries mate, like to help/chat where possible!
One of the main issues with a squad worth over 200 pts with orks is that it is alot of points (for orks anyway!) and there is nothing worse than losing that squad in the first couple of turns before it does anything. Which i know from expierance!Tongue

Yeah, but thanks for the feedback! I have heard of the incredible bad luck that you have had with anything that's a lot of points!

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
5 Nobz at 2 wounds each would mean 10 wounds total. I'm fairly confident that my dark eldar would be able to kill that unit by firing just my Ravager tank at them, which is only 105 points. 105 points to kill 375 points in one shooting phase, thats a massive win for me, which is why you need to be very careful with you're army set-up so that i can't afford to waste too much firepower singling them out early on. And be careful about making the unit TOO powerful, because then it's just wasting points that arn't needed. For example, how many 10 man terminator squads do you often see? Apart from Vince i suppose, but i havn't seen him take a full 10 man one very often
(26-02-2012, 08:42 PM)Nick Wrote: 5 Nobz at 2 wounds each would mean 10 wounds total. I'm fairly confident that my dark eldar would be able to kill that unit by firing just my Ravager tank at them, which is only 105 points. 105 points to kill 375 points in one shooting phase, thats a massive win for me, which is why you need to be very careful with you're army set-up so that you i can't afford to waste too much firepower singling them out early on. And be careful about making the unit TOO powerful, because then it's just wasting points that arn't needed. For example, how many 10 man terminator squads do you often see? Apart from Vince i suppose, but i havn't seen him take a full 10 man one very often

Yeah, I think that I'm still thinking of my neighbour! He's often one to take masses of Terminators! But yeah, I will have to address that issue.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
5 Nobz bikers on the charge has got to be putting out at least 3-4 str 6 attacks i believe with furious charge. Even without 3 power klaws, no-one is going to like being on the recieving end of that. What do Waaagh Banners do? Are 3 really necessary?
Just out of curiosity (and will to convert!), does anyone know if the minis in the Assault on Black Reach are clip-togethers or not? Just wondering conversion-wise.
(26-02-2012, 08:48 PM)Nick Wrote: 5 Nobz bikers on the charge has got to be putting out at least 3-4 str 6 attacks i believe with furious charge. Even without 3 power klaws, no-one is going to like being on the recieving end of that. What do Waaagh Banners do? Are 3 really necessary?

The banners give the holder (not unit) a +1 WS modifier.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)