Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth the points?
Yeah, I was just suggesting a few other ideas to play around with. For instance, my Manticores got through a whole game (only one was destroyed as a result of a lucky Missile Launcher shot) hiding behind a hill. They took out around 3 Combat Squads and were the key to my success. I must agree with you, though, as I understand that an Infantry-cored army is so so much more flexible than a tank-based one. I was just suggesting alternative options, but I must admit that I think that your Infantry-heavy list would be much more flexible and tactical than a Tank-based list.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Well it's all about play style and preference, i just want the infantry core, at least to start off, to give me a strong but cheap firebase. It doesn't even have to be an infantry heavy list, 1020 points is a lot of tanks and artillery. The infantry are there to take and hold the objectives, and give me a reasonably strong battle line to absorb charges and shots
Have you thought about switching your other manticore to a griffon or basilisk luke?
They are good, but knowing how they work now i could probably destroy/stun lock both before they could do much in future games. (deep strike with assualt marines W/ meltaguns for example)
I'm not saying your wrong in taking two, just points tied up that could get you two griffons or a veteran squad with 3 melta in chimera etc)
Its good to band around ideas and help each other out with lists etc Smile
(as me and Nick can contest with 2 and 1/2 hour meet up earlier, talking list and stuffTongue)
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
A Griffon is just as likely to kill a space marine. Its Str 6 Ap 4, but it can reroll the scatter dice, making it more accurate, and it only costs 75 points. If you REALLY want to hurt a dug in marine player, i would see about taking a colossus to beef up your artillery. Str 6 Ap 3 and ignores cover, meaning you will wipe out a 10man squad with a direct hit more often than not. Or yeah, a basilisk is another great one, even if he gets in cover he is knocked down to a 4+ save, and if he risks going out in the open it could cost him an entire squad.