Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k Campaign?
OK battle report is up in the 'battle report' section of the forum!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I dont play 40k, but I have an idea, slightly out of the box, but see what you think. An audacious plan is being put together by the collective enemies of the Imperium. Rumours have it that they are engineering portals (Stargates?) in order to travel back in time and destroy the human race on their home planet earth ( Star trek First Contact?).
In brief, 3 battles, each one Space Marines v any alien army. The Space marine objective is to destroy the portal before it can be activated. the Alien objective is to finish the portal and get as many troops through it as possible.
Once each battle has been completed, the action moves to earth 1944. ( Guess you can see where I'm going, Vince!) there they will face a WW2 Army, the outcome of which decides mans future fate!! what do you all think?
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(28-04-2012, 09:30 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: I dont play 40k, but I have an idea, slightly out of the box, but see what you think. An audacious plan is being put together by the collective enemies of the Imperium. Rumours have it that they are engineering portals (Stargates?) in order to travel back in time and destroy the human race on their home planet earth ( Star trek First Contact?).
In brief, 3 battles, each one Space Marines v any alien army. The Space marine objective is to destroy the portal before it can be activated. the Alien objective is to finish the portal and get as many troops through it as possible.
Once each battle has been completed, the action moves to earth 1944. ( Guess you can see where I'm going, Vince!) there they will face a WW2 Army, the outcome of which decides mans future fate!! what do you all think?

WW2 rifles would be what, Str 2 AP -...........pretty sure even my Dark Eldar would be able to survive mass volleys of that out in the open lol......
This is true, but throw in Tigers, Panzerfausts, Bazookas, and maybe they might tickle you!! But you'd have to beat a space marine army first!!
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
My Guard might kill something with there lasguns! Tongue
Need to get the campaign up and running, been avoiding it in all honesty as want to use my guard in it......

You should use your WW2 28mm as Imp Guard thinking about it Steve, do the same as me and use models as "counts as" ie Sherman as a Leman russ, artillary as Basilisk, Infantry units guard squads.
If you do ever want to, let me know as i'm sure i could make you a legal list using the models you have!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Sounds fun Steve, dunno how you would merge the two systems tho but sure it could be done for a laugh. ww2 tanks destroyed with one damage result whereas u still roll on the 40K damage table with -1 modifier for ww2 weapons vs 40K vehicles. Would have to alter the armour ratings on the FoW tanks to fit with max strength 10 weapons in 40k...hmmm

bit of a scale problem as well with two systems might be the hardest thing to overcome.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Got 28mm WW2, so only slightly smaller
Malifaux - Gremlins
This does sound fun!

(throw in a couple of dinosaurs and we're good to go! (what was the name of that game btw mate)

Saurian safari!!
Malifaux - Gremlins