Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k Campaign?
I'm gonna have another crack at running a 40k campaign again and this time actually get it off the ground!
Nick has kindly agreed to help me run it as well.
If anyone is interested if they could drop a comment below with your army you'll use and name so can get an idea on numbers.
Also did people want to do a league or campaign?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm fine with either, i think a campaign might be a bit more interesting though
Yeah same as Nick, both great but would prefer a campaign. Happy to help as well if you need more help.

I will play my Dark Angels!

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Was thinking a story driven campaign for the Fate of a forge world might be quite interesting? Maybe run over the course of 4-6 months?
Maybe all get together before tuesdays game and bash out some ideas?
And just for note i'd be using my Ultramarines.
Blood bowl Skaven
Sure thing, will try and get there early next week. It should go without saying i shall be using my tricksy and sneaky Dark Eldar Raiders Tongue
I’m happy to play whatever, a campaign that plays for 4-6 months seems like a loooonnng time, I think there could be 2 new 40k armies released (one being Tau and the other Dark Angles) if the rumours are true... plus the new release of the 40k 6th ed in June, which could clash as well.

Not to put a dampener on it, but maybe one that doesn’t last quite so long would be more appealing!? I think the one that GW ran lasted about 6-8 weeks? IIRC.

I would also be interested in helping to run a league of some sort as well! Smile
The only problem is with a short campaign is that some people can't make it or commit to playing every week due to playing other game systems. I Didn't want to alienate them from taking part.
We can discuss it in more detail and decide on tuesday though. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
well ill be happy with what ever (although im haveing a hard time thinking which army it would be lol tyranids or eldar)

i have done a campaign in the past (like 5 years ago) and still have some of the designs for secerio battles and stuff if you want to make it more fluff driven than just league style battles
I can't make it early but will have a think over the weekend and see if i can come up with any helpful ideas. I know a friend who has just started a campaign so i might ask him for some pointers. Also if anyone has a copy of the battle missions book that may be a good resource for some different scenarios (have only seen it once though).
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I have the BM book folks can borrow.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen