Poll: Fancy coming along and helping out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yep, count me in.
70.00%
7 70.00%
Might be able to, not sure yet.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2012 - Sunday 29th January
How many of us are planning on attending, in a demo/volunteer capacity?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
That board is great piece of work. RESPECT !!!
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
What did we decide on crew sizes for the participation games - was it leader and 3 (or 4) crew?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I think it was a Leader and 3 crew.

Just a reminder...

4 club meets to go before Minicon (including the 3rd tonight), and probably 25 useful evenings left.

Progress so far on the Cutlass side of things:

The boards
Are more or less done, Paul has been doing some painting and flocking over the last few days, and I just need to varnish the other watery bits and tart up the river bed. But other than that they're finished.

The Buildings
90% complete now. Finishing touches required on the Doors, Shutters, Pots and other misc stuff lying around. Should be finished by w/e 15th Jan.

The Walls
Not started yet. Will aim to get them completed by w/e 22nd Jan.

The Jungle Terrain
Started, but around 20% complete. Relatively easy job this. If someone wants to pick it up and run with it I'll bring the stuff in to the club and show them what needs doing, but I'm happy to complete this.

The Figures
Stu - Pirate Girls Done
Si - Privateers - 50% complete
Paul - Marines - ??
Luke - Undead - ??

That will get us 4 factions for the show. Remember we only need the leader + 3 crew.

The Boat and the wooden harbour.
Stu - wip

Packing Cases, Barrels etc
Gaz is looking after this and I've got more stuff for him to paint, which I'll bring into the club.

I suggest that those of us who are doing Gloucester devote the 24th and possibly the 17th for rehearsing the day.

Si
Paul Update.

I'll have my part of boards all done and bring in next week.

Marines (Captain + 3 crew) are done.Big Grin

History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I need to crack on with my task, as I am being embarrassed by others. Looking at one or two of the smaller items each night. Work should be less exhausting for a while, however I am planning on maintaining a decent amount of overtime. Last week was a complete wash, firstly having to look after my Grandad, and then having other visitors and plans. With any luck I should have a lot more done for next week.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(03-01-2012, 05:04 PM)Simon Wrote: I suggest that those of us who are doing Gloucester devote the 24th and possibly the 17th for rehearsing the day.

I was thinking along similar lines - I'll get a Warmachine game in this week and perhaps next (or something else) and then have a couple of weeks of Cutlass prior to the MiniCon.

Andy at Ainsty as put me in touch with the chap who painted the Merchantman for them, so hopefully I can get some tips off him. EDIT: I've just this minute received some tips off him Big Grin
If you're definitely planning to attend then can you make yourself known here, and we can make arrangements for transportation and other general logistics at the meeting on Tuesday.

So far I think the attendees are:
  • Myself
  • Luke
  • Simon A
  • Simon R
  • Justin
  • Paul
  • Tom
  • Gareth

Anyone else?
im going and since asking nicely has work have gotten a lift from parent sector Smile what time does it begin/end?
anyone planning on doing either of the tourny's?
Update from Robie...

Quote:Thank you for all your support and contributions so far. We're nearly there. If anyone's forgotten, the first Gloucestershire MiniCon is this Sunday, 29th January.

1. Set up will be from 0900. Doors open to paying visitors from 1000. Clear-up will begin at 1500 and shutdown should be complete by 1600.

2. Inevitably, there have been a few drop-outs along the way, with the following results:
  • Kitchen It seems that we won't have kitchen staff for the day, but snacks will still be available from bar and there's a good garage shop 5 mins away. All the same, you might like to bring lunch. On the positive side, though, it means that we will definitely have room for a bring-and-buy stall.

• 40k Tournament We have lost our planned judges for the day. Could any clubs with experienced 40k players please ask if they would be prepared to volunteer as judges for this event?

• Volunteers We are still a little short on volunteers to run activities aside from the game tables: parking supervisors, bring-and-buy managers and, of course, door staff, are essential to the event's success. If we have enough volunteers, few people will have to do more than 30 mins on duty, so please put this out to your people. We don't need names, but if we can get numbers, that would be brilliant.

• Paying attendees The object isn't to turn a profit or even, in particular, to cover our costs, but it would be good to get the impression that this is something we should do again, so anyone in your clubs who can't make it as a volunteer can still do their bit by turning up, buying a ticket (for £2.50!) and playing a few games. We have no idea how many to expect, but please promote the event actively to all your members.

3. Bring-and-buy
It's really simple: we'll set up as many tabletops as we can fit. You bring an item. You pay 50p. You put whatever price on the item you like. We give you a ticket. If your item sells, you get all the money. You can bundle as many objects together into a single "item" as you like, but they will need to be boxed or bagged up together, or things will get lost. If there isn't room to put your item on the table, you'll have to wait until something else sells to make room. You can collect your money for a sold item at any time during the day (assuming it's sold). B&B is cash only, obviously.

4. Retailers/Manufacturers
We have a couple of retailers/manufacturers running games. You are welcome to have whatever promotional materials for you company on your table that you like, and to sell related products alongside the running of games. Space, however, is limited, so I suggest setting up your game first and then seeing how much room you've got left for stock. I've also had some contact with retailers who, either for reasons of space or for coming late to the party, are not running games. You are welcome to promote your products by handing out flyers or catalogues, and if you want to sell stock out of your boot in the car park that, too, is fine. If space allows, you may put a limited amount of stock on the bring-and-buy and we'll manage the sales, but we don't have the capacity to provide receipts. Attending retailers/manufacturers, with or without tables, who feel moved to donate stock, gift certificates or anything else of value towards our prize pool will receive the priceless gifts of our eternal thanks and a return invitation if events are sufficiently successful to do this again next year.

5. Local resources
You get one or two 2'x2' tables and between 2 and 6 chairs, depending on needs and availability. We cannot guarantee access to power. All terrain, playing surfaces, models, dice, measuring devices, rules, army lists and scenario rules must be provided by yourselves. There is limited wall space by each table on which you may stick posters, rules or any other relevant materials.

6. Painting Competition
Just a quick reminder that there is a painting competition. Please direct your members/customers/Twitter followers to the rules, here.