Poll: Fancy coming along and helping out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yep, count me in.
70.00%
7 70.00%
Might be able to, not sure yet.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2012 - Sunday 29th January
The meeting went really well tonight, and we've been allocated a second table for Cutlass in addition to our Warmachine table. I'll write up everything else tomorrow, assuming I can read my notes.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
ill be up to coming along to help out, what about having a 40k table?
Sorry couldn't stay behind to talk about the table creation last night, I forgot in all honesty!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(05-10-2011, 10:23 PM)ziroleon Wrote: ill be up to coming along to help out, what about having a 40k table?

All of the tables have been allocated now unfortunately. They are running a 500 pt "Combat Patrol" 40K tournament on the day if anyone is interested? Entry is £5.
(05-10-2011, 10:30 PM)manrogue Wrote: Sorry couldn't stay behind to talk about the table creation last night, I forgot in all honesty!

No worries Vince, it was only a brief convo anyways. Given the task ahead we need to give this kickstart, so those interested in being involved in the creation of the Warmachine and Cutlass boards should look to arrange a session ASAP - perhaps away from the club one evening over a quiet pint?
(06-10-2011, 09:17 AM)Stuart Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 10:30 PM)manrogue Wrote: Sorry couldn't stay behind to talk about the table creation last night, I forgot in all honesty!

No worries Vince, it was only a brief convo anyways. Given the task ahead we need to give this kickstart, so those interested in being involved in the creation of the Warmachine and Cutlass boards should look to arrange a session ASAP - perhaps away from the club one evening over a quiet pint?

That sound like a plan, would be beneficial. Then everyone can throw there ideas down and we can get something semi set in stone.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Some notes from last night, apologies for the rather random order:

Simon R, Justin, Luke and myself met with Chris Averiss from the Gloucester Games Bunker, and Robie from Precinct Omega/GCN Gloucestershire.

The event itself will be on Sunday 29th January, hosted by the Gloucester Games Bunker at the Gloucester Centre for the Deaf. Other clubs attending include ourselves, the Cheltenham Warchiefs, and the Evesham Wargames Club.

The Evesham group will be running a game of Sharp Practice, and Cheltenham will be running SAGA. Gloucester will be running Skrapyard (penned by Robie) and Amaranthian Wars (penned by Chris). Other games mentioned were Kings of War and Warpath.

Mantic are coming along, and Alessio Cavatore is hosting a Shuuro tournament.

There will also be a 500 pt "Combat Patrol" Warhammer 40K tournament, as well as a painting competition. There is also the possbility of a bring and buy stall.

There will be 10 games in total, and we've been allocated two 4x4 tables next to each other, one for Warmachine and one for Cutlass. There is potential to have a small stand/banner between the two tables to promote the club.

One the day itself we will set-up from 8.30am onwards (fueled by bacon butties) to be ready for doors open at 10.00am. The day will then run to a 4.30-5.00pm close. Informal gaming can continue afterwards, although we will lose half the hall at this point.

Prior to this there will be a dress rehearsal day on Saturday 10th December where we will have the opportunity to hone our presentation/hosting skills, and try out the other games.

There will also be a final planning meeting on November 30th, but we are not required to attend this.

Volunteers are required to marshall the car park, supervise the door, man a possible "bring and buy" stand, and help administer the painting competition. If anyone can commit to helping out with any of these tasks then please let me know.

And there's a bar.

I think that's covered most things, but please raise any questions you have.
Well ill be up for helping out and wouldn't mind getting involved in the sorting the game boards, i like terrain and always been in to architecture and landscaping :-) but mostly just designing things e.g gaming boards and buildings.
well i can sketch any designs but with my imagtion ill prob end up drawing somthing too ambitious lol
i done a fare few prsentations (includeing a best man speech) if that skill is also required
but to be fare i would like to turn up and see the other systems as well and maybe just meander Smile
Stu if they are not all day jobs, I could do a morning on the door, bring and buy, or some painting shizzle. However if I can claim a lift in the Davis Fun Bus, keep me away from the car park, as you mentioned a bar, so telling people where to park, whilst legally not being in a position to drive, is not a great idea.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen