Poll: Will you be buying Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yes, on the PS3
0%
0 0%
Hell yes, on the 360
76.92%
10 76.92%
Hell yes, on the PC
23.08%
3 23.08%
I'm waiting for the C64 version
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Perceived value is something I fully subscribe to, but in this particular case there is a principle that I don't agree with, and it's not simply a case of not valuing it high enough. While I understand the business case, I don't agree with the philosophy, and I'm voting with my wallet.

Many gamers will rely to some extent on the trade-in value for titles like this, which may take a hit due to the extra outlay required downstream by suqsequent owners to enable all the features of the game. It's almost akin to buying a second hand Focus but having to pay Ford to enable the top two gears.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Just to level this out a bit, the Elite Pass Code is per account to which I can testify as I have 2 Xbox's and gaming is my forte.

It's simply the video gaming industries way to take some money away from the profits of the pre-owned market and back in to their pocket and you can see the pros and cons of that easily enough. The shame of it is that the publishers are now alienating a section of their market but at the end of the day, it's all about money sadly Sad
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(13-09-2011, 12:58 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Just to level this out a bit, the Elite Pass Code is per account to which I can testify as I have 2 Xbox's and gaming is my forte.

Do you know how that works with Gold Family accounts - we entered the code against Luke's gamertag, but it also seems to apply to mine (on the same console)? When I recover my gamertag to the other console (didn't realise I had to this to switch between consoles) I'm prompted to enter the code again.

So is the code enabled across both your consoles? Had a suggestion on Twitter that I can perhaps get around this by running my profile off a USB stick?

Thought you might be the chap to ask about this - was going to hassle you at the club tonight Smile
Sadly it is how it goes nowdays with consoles being connected to the internet, much the same as develepors release games early with bugs now and "patch" them, rather than doing proper QA before release like in the old days. But on won't go on a rant about the pros and cons of internet connected consoles. Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(13-09-2011, 01:10 PM)manrogue Wrote: But on won't go on a rant about the pros and cons of internet connected consoles. Tongue

I'm sure Sony have some insight on that given their recent experience too Wink
Are you still able to get past Level 5/Use the unlocked perks with your account on the other console? The prompt could just be because the game has loaded on a new console and it's an auto-prompt.

I keep my profile on an 8gb USB stick and use that to switch between consoles as it's far easier, especially with the amount of consoles I end up using it on over time. I also switch the hard drive around between the 2 so I always have my saves/updates etc. just remember the USB stick gets formatted to the 360's ways so you can't use it as a normal memory stick, it'll purely be a 360 storage device unless you format it again. USB sticks are cheap enough though, a 2GB stick should suffice if you're only going to keep a profile and the odd save file on there. Last time I looked, my profile took up a frightening amount of memory due to my Gamerscore :o

As far as I'm aware in regards to the Gold Family account, it shouldn't make any difference as you're just buying the Gold access in bulk and saving so there shouldn't be any attached restrictions with that
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(13-09-2011, 01:16 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: my profile took up a frightening amount of memory due to my Gamerscore :o

Must admit, thought i had a reasonably high score till i saw yours!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(13-09-2011, 01:16 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Are you still able to get past Level 5/Use the unlocked perks with your account on the other console? The prompt could just be because the game has loaded on a new console and it's an auto-prompt.

I settled for restarting campaign on "hard" rather than going online, but I'll check the unlocked perks tonight (at the rate I play it could take me a while to reach level 5!). I'll double check on Luke's console too and make sure we both have access to everything.

The @SpaceMarine twitter account further compounded my confusion last night: http://twitter.com/#!/SpaceMarine/status...2627998721
We'll have a chat about it tonight as we may be getting some wires crossed here heh.

By the way: DLC is confirmed for October that introduces co-op scenario play. It's entitled Exterminatus and will be free.
Finally got around to my first lengthy play on this.

Arrrgh. Bomb Squigs.

That is all...