Poll: Will you be buying Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yes, on the PS3
0%
0 0%
Hell yes, on the 360
76.92%
10 76.92%
Hell yes, on the PC
23.08%
3 23.08%
I'm waiting for the C64 version
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
I've been looking forward to this video game for quite a while now - it seems like an age since it was first announced.

There don't seem to have been any new trailers released for a while, but Relic have just published the first installment in a series of developer diaries, which includes some new game footage:

http://www.thqinsider.co.uk/2011/04/08/s...e-feature/

Late night online gaming sesh in August anyone? Cool
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Not long to wait now...

Behold the Appropriately Angry Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Box Art

[Image: 57239.jpg]
Details of the collectors edition over on Beasts of War...

Quote:AGOURA HILLS, Calif. May 25, 2011 – THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that it will be releasing a limited run Collector’s Edition for its upcoming 3rd Person Action/Shooter, Warhammer® 40,000®: Space Marine® as well as a robust collection of retail specific pre-order items to choose from.

The Warhammer® 40,000®: Space Marine® Collector’s Edition features a 10” replica Purity Seal, a glossy hardback art book, the official Space Marine soundtrack, a premium pack of 25 foiled character information cards and a copy of the game, packaged together in a premium box set. The Space Marine Collector’s Edition is available exclusively from the THQ.com Store in limited quantities. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions are available for a suggested retail price of $99.99 and the PC edition for $79.99

Other exclusive pre-order offers include unique multiplayer weapon and armor skins which will allow loyal Space Marine fans to distinguish themselves further on the battlefield.

■The Emperor’s Elite Pack, only available at Gamestop, includes the unique Space Wolves and Black Templar chapter armor skins
■For players who prefer the nefarious forces of Chaos, The Traitor Legion Pack includes the complete armor sets for the Iron Warriors and Emperor’s Children and is only available at Best Buy.
■The Golden Relic Chainsword, the primary close combat weapon for Space Marines, is only available at Amazon.com
■The Golden Relic Bolter, a powerful ranged combat weapon, is only available at Walmart.
■PC Gamers can celebrate their love of the Dawn of War® series by donning themselves in the iconic red and bone colored armor of the Blood Ravens Chapter as well as receiving a FREE copy of Darksiders on PC when they pre-order the PC game through Steam.
■PC Gamers also have the choice of pre-ordering their copy of Space Marine through THQ’s E-Store to get an exclusive PowerSword weapon for multiplayer.
■Finally PC Gamers who choose to buy a digital copy of Space Marine through select digital retailers will be offered a FREE copy of Darksiders on PC.

Set in the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe created by Games Workshop®, Space Marine is scheduled to be released worldwide for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC on September 6, 2011.
Part 1 of a walkthrough at E3 2011 this week: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-201...000/715382

And part 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-201...000/715380
A good review of the game coming out of E3 this week: http://www.examiner.com/console-game-in-...e-hands-on
Added a poll to the thread to get an idea of who'd be up for some multiplayer mayhem.
The poll reminds me of when one of the first demos of HL2 appeared, and the guy from Valve is going though the source engine and PhysX and you can hear some chap say "Will this run on my 486 ?".

If you haven't seen it...

(it's quite a way in)

Place erupts.

I have a CBM 64 in the loft, there might be a mame port ;¬)

Nicola Salmoria used to work in the office next door, but they moved out to more salubrious accommodation.
13 years since HL1 and 8 years since we first saw HL2. Unbelievable
(08-06-2011, 03:33 PM)Simon Wrote: The poll reminds me of when one of the first demos of HL2 appeared, and the guy from Valve is going though the source engine and PhysX and you can hear some chap say "Will this run on my 486 ?". Place erupts.

Genius! Big Grin

(08-06-2011, 03:33 PM)Simon Wrote: I have a CBM 64 in the loft, there might be a mame port ;¬)

I haven't tinkered with MAME for years - might have to revisit it.

(08-06-2011, 03:42 PM)Simon Wrote: 13 years since HL1 and 8 years since we first saw HL2. Unbelievable

I still remember the first time I saw Tomb Raider running on the original 3DFX Voodoo card on a 21" CRT monitor, and it absolutely blew me away. So much so I splashed a significant amount of cash (and invoked my Apricot staff discount) on my first PC.
Quote:I still remember the first time I saw Tomb Raider running on the original 3DFX Voodoo card on a 21" CRT monitor, and it absolutely blew me away. So much so I splashed a significant amount of cash (and invoked my Apricot staff discount) on my first PC.

Excellent.

I'd owned a PC for a few years in the late 80's, this was just an 8086 clone, getting a more up-to-date one around 91 (CGA initially, but moving to EGA later on). IIRC it was a 286 built by a company in Redditch (might have been Tulip computers ?). Luckily Civilization came out after I'd left college, so didn't do any damage on the grades. Wolfenstein passed me by, but then came Doom and so history was written.

HL1 appeared whilst I was coming to the end of another lengthy period of studying. which almost proved to be catastrophic.

OpenGL, 3dfx and voodoo rush cards were a revelation for 3d graphics.