Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space marines 1650 GT list
(27-08-2014, 02:21 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Yeah i must admit im very happy with it! My main concerm was lack of powers but it didnt seem to hinder me much. If my opponent decedes to clump up to stay out of scout grav range the orbital blast certainly comes into play! The fnp ruling might lead me to drop the comm squad for some more bikes or a second land raider but other than that im gonna stick with it!

Tiggy is awesome for his powers!!

I'm quite positive you don't really need to change the list, their is not that much STR10 fire power in the game and that command squad is like having a mobile second centurion squad. I'm a big fan of it mate.

(27-08-2014, 06:43 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: Fair enough Tongue I don't think I will ever work out how to do a tonry list like you guys Big Grin

Like Nick said, anyone can go to a tournament, people seem to get caught up on the idea of tournaments and tournament gamers. We're not special or better and you can run whatever you want at a tournament, people do, but don't get the headlines as they didn't win, you have to have realistic expectations if you're not going with a top list, dont expect too much and I also think most people come from being a big fish in a small pod to being something that picked on and don't deal with it well.

So go for a laugh, myself and Nick may be the most vocal about tournament gaming and we talk about the win a lot, but thats where we're at in all honesty, thats our next goal, we've done well, we've established ourselves as "tournament" gamers and want to push on. But people that are just interested should go for a laugh (not that we dont) its not all about the win, just meet new people who enjoy the same game as us (how often do we get to meet 120 gamers in one place?).

As for lists, my advice to anyone who gives a ***** is two fold, take what you enjoy and playtest, then learn that what you read and what is actually good are two very different things. I've learnt SO much from finishing my games and running off to the top tables like a school kid to see how the game should be played... I get a big kick from learning like this and one of the reasons I enjoy going to events, its totally different to how I'd read about them on the net.

Anyways.... Nick I like your list! I'd playtest it a few times before dropping the command squad :p

I think I would have more fun just going and not playing Tongue

Besides while I play for fun, there is never much fun playing when I know I will get crushed in a couple of turns. That and no tournement would want to run at 5th or 6th edition again Tongue
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
i enjoyed the two tournaments i took part in, even with a fluffy list i held my own. W/D/L - 2-1-2 in the first and 2-2-1 in the second. i finished mid table. Rob is right there are some tournament players that will "crush you in a couple of turns" but the majority are there to chat, drink beer and roll some dice.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Sorry this is getting way off topic Nick!

Just one last post… What Ben said, the vast majority are there for a laugh a handful are going to win the event and have a chance, nothing else will! The rest, like me and Nick are going for a laugh and with a solid list and are looking to do well, with the aim of winning, but happy to do well! (be that place top3 or top5 or even top10).