Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Knight Codex:
Just been looking at the pics on BoK and Draigo comes with Gate of Infinity as standard... Sooo that means i can see Bastions/Landraiders to hide a lovely squad of Centurions with grav cannons, lvl3 Libby, Tiggy and a tech marine or 2 with a could of Dreadknights being a popular build.. Very aggressive and going to be very good as well!

So GKs do have options with allies, but as a stand alone codex, I'm not convinced.

Psilencers are now amazing! Ranged 'force' shooting? Love it!! Especially on the gatling!

Teleport homers on characters is useful.

Cheaper terminators and apothecary is nice.

The rest sounds utter garbage!! Although characters special rules can make all the difference!
If draigo does come with gate that makes a real difference to me!! Solves my movement problem without spending 170ish points on khan and means i can take tiggy with another hq from either book (depending on what else i want). Really like the sound of psilencers tho!! They were practically useless in the last book but instant killing monsterous creatures or mephiston with 6s (providing they fail a save of course) sounds like fun! Especially if i happen to get misfortune with one of my psykers!! (all shots at a unit become rending).

At first glance i hated the book without even reading it but now im thinking of some cool ideas!
The problem is mate the Psilencer is STR4 AP- Force is great, but costs a couple of WC if you want it reliably, it cannot hurt some of the most potent things in the game, Wraithknights, Serpent Spam, Imperial Knights and Necrons AV13 spam.

I think you will have to cherry pick the best bits out the dex as allies, another big lost is psyker vehicles, so they’re not WC batteries anymore.

Incinerators are the ones people reckon are best option, as they now have soul blaze. Not a GK player so no idea lol.

Unless i missed it, looks like there was no truth in the rumour that GK could now take Vindicators, whirlwinds etc?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
*Cough * check my dropbox *Cough*
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Dude, I've lost the message I had with your Dropbox address!! Can you send it again please?
Thanks vince!! Much appreciated! Think you might have saved me £30 lol. Book is very average although im still gonna try m make it work!
Some good options, cheap terminators, cheaper Dreadknights 4+inv is nice), draigo is nice, Libby's are good. But it's a very beige codex and will be very mono.

My knights are up for sale if any one wants them :-)
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts