Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GW's Digital advent releases
The game is not balanced, but is more balanced than i remember it being. the way these fit in though seems very odd....has to be fixed.

the man from the shadows i think is cypher. if thats true im going to be a very happy man
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
As i say not having a pop as enjoy 40K a lot myself, just the uproar on the internet is as if the sky is falling!

I just personally think there is no massive difference between these and taking allies. At relatively small scale games (1500/1850) Its no worse than say Screamerstar. The formation with no upgrades costs 600 points, though i can understand the furore about them not using FOC as means i could field 2 of these at 1850 and add three Railheads for example.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Oh and while i remember, day 3's-
Quote:Tactica: XV104 Riptides

The XV104 Riptide is the pinnacle of the Earth caste's battlesuit development. It stands twice as tall as the XV8 Crisis suit, but its movements are more like those of its smaller cousins than the mechanical stiffness displayed by Imperial walkers with their crude servo-motors. A fearsome weapon of war, it can stand alonge against almost anything the enemies of the Tau Empire have in their arsenal.

Tactica: XV104 Riptides explores the use and tactics of the Riptide in games of Warhammer 40,000. Discover the tips and tricks for getting the most out of this impressive war machine, and how to bring ruin to the foes of the Tau Empire, as well as its weaknesses and how to defeat it.

COMPATIBILITY:

This eBook digital edition is compatible with most current generation mobile devices, tablets, computers and eReaders including Android, Kindle and iBooks devices. The exact look and layout of the eBook will depend on the eReader being used.

Find this disappointing considering day 1/2's offerings and the relevant fever pitch/uproar on the net.
Blood bowl Skaven
It all seems a bit nuts but u know there will be guys cramming all this stuff in one list which probably make it super unbalanced so im all for it!!
I did laugh as it possible to field an army now with no troop choices. You take an Inquisitor as HQ apparently from the new Inquisition Codex and just go for formations. Lol.

Not researched to see if it is 100% right and can't see it happening (no scoring obviously), but still raised a chuckle out of me. Tabling for the win!
Blood bowl Skaven
Haha id love it! Scouts with camo cloaks all the way! You could beat it with 1 scoring model on the table!!! Sound familiar Rob? :p
Day 4's offering is fantasy based-
Quote:http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-worksh...tion).html

Now you too can summon reanimated corpses to do your evil bidding. The Restless Dead contains background and rules that will allow you to wield a fearsome Undead formation in Warhammer.

In the Warhammer world, the dead do not rest easy. Pools of dark magic are siphoned off to fuel fell necromantic enchantments – dread words whispered into the Winds of Magic. The Restless Dead rise at your command – a solid core of Undead warriors that make a great addition to a larger force or an ideal stand alone contingent for summoning forth corpses to aid you in battle. With a clanking of gear and a rattling of bones, the skeletal regiments await your orders, puppets to your dark will.

[Image: 47153fc4d6022ec71d0cc0078a76a85d_5394.png__thumb]
Blood bowl Skaven
Because I haven't been paying much attention; can anyone use a Formation in their list without prior arrangements? They're not treated as 'special' such as Forge World stuff etc?

If so, I'm worried about WFB...
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Yep they are official releases by the digital team and can be included without checking permission first, much the same as the digital supplements. Hence the uproar lol.

Technically, it could be argued that you don't have to ask permission to use Forgeworld as the books don't have that phrase in any more asking you to. But that is another discussion. :p

Edit - The WFB doesn't seem that bad as you have to take troop choices? Also i don't think it comes with special rules? Could be wrong though.

The main uproar with the Tau one is you get free rules and ignore FOC slots
Blood bowl Skaven
The difference with WFB is that outside of doubles games or special events, there are NO Allies rules. Supplements such as this could really unbalance the game if they're not handled properly.

And in WFB, Core choices (Troops) are actually quite vital and well worth having due to the rules benefitting large infantry blocks.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)