Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GW's Digital advent releases
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conten...=22200010a

Quote: On the run up to Christmas this December, Games Workshop Digital Editions will be releasing a new product every day for 25 days.

These will include new titles for Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000, ranging from original background, new scenarios and even brand new rules for your games.

The month opens with a bang with a brand new product for both systems with the return of the original Daemon Prince of Chaos - Be'lakor The Dark Master.

Download the latest new product in the 2013 Digital Advent Calendar every day from
blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions

You'll also be able to download these new titles from the Apple iBookstore

Check back every day for the latest release.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/datasla...1429?mt=11 is the link to/for the 40k stats for Belakor.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-worksh...l-editions

Micro-transactions and pay to win anyone? Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
And a write up on the rules/stats-
http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.co.uk/2...s.html?m=0
Quote: Be'Lakor Review: Black Library adds a Character Over Night!
Full credit to Ana at Painting Mum for this awesome photo
TJ here to herald the return of Be'Lakor, the first Daemon Prince to the 40k universe! There is no better way to herald his return to the fluff and the rules than to do a review of the new Army List update for CSM and Daemons:
That's right, the big B is an HQ choice from either a detachment of Chaos Space Marines or Chaos Daemons. This gives you some flexibility if you are allying those armies on just where you want to put him, which is really nice!

He is a flying monstrous creature with Mastery Level 3, which again, is very nice as most of us want ML3 Daemon Princes in either book.

He knows the entire discipline of Telepathy. That means guaranteed Terrify, Hallucination, Puppet Master ect. This can pair well with his rule Lord of Torment, in which he gains D3 warp charges enemy units failing morale tests.

He lacks armor, but comes stock with a 4++ and shrouded, which is pretty sweet, but with a standard CSM Daemon Prince stat line, what is there to keep him alive after he fails a save vs S10 weapons?

Eternal Warrior, that's what! Bam!

Addiitonally, he has the Blade of Shadows, which is pretty nice, giving him both flesh and armorbane, Mastercrafted, +1 S/ AP2.

He gets all of this and a crappy Warlord trait for just over what you would currently pay for a tooled out DP ... so the question is, is he worth it? Well, I can tell you I wouldn't take him as a Warlord just to do it, but I do think he has a place in either army. He can take that second HQ slot if you are running Flying Circus tzeentch princes next to Fate Weaver, otherwise, he will contend with your greater daemon slot (because you will always take Fatey in a FMC list). Beyond that, he would be an easy grab from the CSM allies, or could be a good HQ for a Fast attack based list, like a hound list.

For CSM, he offers up a prince that won't get grounded and die without having to take a Black Legion skull prince. He also adds those gauranteed telepathy powers to either list, which is great on a platform with wings and EW. He can also be allied from CSM with other armies due to the allies chart, so expect to see him popping up in my Necron lists.

What does that mean for other allies? I don't know. Knowing you have the telepathy powers locked down may open up a few builds, who knows.

Now beyond all the rules, he has some great background and even a short story. Be'Lakor is a pretty cool character who is now identified as a "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" kind of rival to Abbadon and finally gives us a little more to chew on that the "pure supervillian evil" theme we normally get out of codex backgrounds for Chaos.

All for just $3.99 for the Ebook.

I strongly recommend picking this up for allied armies and main armies for Chaos, it's cheap and good value.

So, what do you guys think of Big B? What do you guys think of the idea that characters can be inserted at any time into any codex?
Blood bowl Skaven
Day 2 offering-
Quote:http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-worksh...Cadre.html

Tau combat doctrine places great emphasis on defeating enemy forces using superior firepower and technological advantage. At the heart of this method of warfare are their battlesuits; giant mechanical suits that are armed with the most powerful Tau weaponry. Foremost among these are the terrifying XV104 Riptide and XV88 Broadside battlesuits, capable of demolishing enemy battle lines and armour in a blaze of particle beams and howling sub-munitions.

The Tau Fireblade Support Cadre Dataslate presents the rules for fielding this advanced formation in your games of Warhammer 40,000, the cadre containing the impressive XV104 Riptide supported by six Broadside battlesuits, a terrifying prospect for any opponent to face!

COMPATIBILITY:
This eBook digital edition is compatible with most current generation mobile devices, tablets, computers and eReaders including Android, Kindle and iBooks devices. The exact look and layout of the eBook will depend on the eReader being used.
Scouring for eules info now.......
Blood bowl Skaven
Found them, this one might be going into my next tau build..... Tongue
Quote:http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/fir...ebase.html
The first Dataslate Formation is now here, and it consists of 6 broadside battlesuits and of course a XV104 Riptide. This is a formation for 40k, and is handled as a separate detachment.

The ebook version of this is $3.99, and yesterday there have been readers concerned over the differences between the interactive ipad and ebook versions citing that there were none. You pay an extra dollar for the interactive features of how the rules are at a single touch (something I like a lot) in the interactive version.

Here is a link to where you can find the release.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-worksh...l-editions

via The Black Library
The Tau Fireblade Support Cadre Dataslate presents the rules for fielding this advanced formation in your games of Warhammer 40,000, the cadre containing the impressive XV104 Riptide supported by six Broadside battlesuits, a terrifying prospect for any opponent to face!

First Look
Rules for formations: Formations: These are two or more units that fight alongside one another in a particular way. When choosing an army, you can take a formations a special form of detachment, and can take any number of formations in your army, and each is considered a separate detachment.

The Tau Firebase Support Cadre consists of 1 Riptide and 2 XV88 Broadside Teams (must have 3 models each not counting drones).

For bonus's the Firebase Support Cadre gets the amazing Tank Hunter and Bane of Angels new special rule, which looks like this;
All Units inside the Cadre have Preferred enemy Space Marines, and in turn it gives all enemy Space Marine units the Hatred Tau Firebase Support Cadre rule. Space Marines is defined as all the powered armoured dexes including Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Space Wolves etc.

This is tough, and of course its Tau, which puts on steriods its ability to rip apart tanks, especially ones that belong to Space Marines. With this much firepower, even Iron Hands will have to take a second hard look at protecting their Armour.

This is powerful, and I can see this being added into many Tau lists. More extreme firepower is not necessarily what the Tau ordered, but its also not anything to sneeze at.

The First Two Dataslates for Warhammer 40k have been very strong, and we will not see another until December 5th, which is rumored to be Adeptus Astartes Storm Wing . Perhaps a formation of Storm Talons or an alternate build, we will have to wait and see.
Blood bowl Skaven
Just been reading about this crap....

I think GW have been smoking something, I really do!

One person has said this is possible:
Quote:Franco Maruffo What's happening with these dataslate things? Because as much as I'd love to bring an ethreal, 3 squads of kroot, 12 tank hunting broadsides and 4 tank hunting riptides along I reckon it might be touching on the slightly silly...

Wraithknights with a 2+ FnP was what another said and the below

Quote:J Philip Ramsay Just wait for the insanity with the SM air detachment..incoming 10+ flyers including 5 av12 in a list

These are just CRAZY...

Lol yep, even more so as you can use these without fielding the army!

Example i could take SM with IG allies and add this formation on! Without using FOC slots! Mental!

Thought it wasn't to bad at first as thought you could only take one and could only field if your main detachment was same codex, and thought it would add a point tax on for the rules. But nope read into it properly and this is going to be crazy i think.......

Had a play yesterday and some of the lists i could take at 1850 are pure silly. i could take some silly list at 1500 (similar to what i was looking at before league, but now with bonus tank hunters for free.

Pure attempt at a cash grab to sell the christmas box sets.
Blood bowl Skaven
Maybe house rule against them then if they are that stupid?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my free upgrade to tank hunters for units i planned to field anyway! lol Tongue

Might be worth setting a house rule up of some kind for these digital supplements and formations depending on what the others bring.

For example, only allowed to field one and you have to field the primary army the formation belongs to?

I think every army will get a formation before the end of the month, it may be worth banning them from league/tournament games at the club till we see the aftermath at the end of the month and make a decision then?
Blood bowl Skaven
Mind you, thinking about it, are they really any worse than some of the spammy allies list we see? (not having a pop, just generally curious on peoples opinion here)
Blood bowl Skaven
the game is far from balanced. still fun though, and as long as I'm still finding it fun I'll keep playing it.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari