Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Warm Up 1850pt 40k Tournament
(06-12-2013, 06:19 PM)manrogue Wrote: Yes mate I have some you can borrow, not painted though....

Awesome!! Can you bring them on tuesday?
(06-12-2013, 09:20 PM)Nick1988 Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 06:19 PM)manrogue Wrote: Yes mate I have some you can borrow, not painted though....

Awesome!! Can you bring them on tuesday?

Will do, just PM me tuesday to remind me......
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
So my list in its finished form... (Unless things go so badly against Sam tomorrow night....)

Primary Detachment: Eldar
[Warlord] HQ1: Farseer (100) Jetbike (15) Runes of Witnessing (15) Runes of Warding (10) Shard of Anaris (40) = [180]
HQ2: Eldrad Ulthran (205) = [205]
Troop1: Windrider Jetbike Squad (51) = [51]
Troop2: Windrider Jetbike Squad (51) = [51]
Troop3: Windrider Jetbike Squad (51) = [51]
Troop4: Windrider Jetbike Squad (51) = [51]
Troop5: Windrider Jetbike Squad (51) = [51]
Fast1: Swooping Hawk Squad (80) +1 Swooping Hawk (16) Exarch (10) = [106]
Fast2: Warp Spider Squad (95) +1 Warp Spider (19) = [114]
Heavy1: Wraithknight (240) = [240]
Heavy2: Wraithknight (240) = [240]

Total: [1340]

Allied Detachment: Dark Eldar
HQ1: Baron Sathonyx (105) = [105]
Troop1: Kabalite Warrior Squad: 5 Warrior Warriors (5x9) = [45]
Fast1: Beastmasters Squad: 5 Beastmasters (5x12) 25 Khymera (25x12) = 360

Total: [510]

Army total: [1850]

Its rubbish!! I hate it!! You wont win a game!! Haha nahh its a hell of a list mate! Can see you doing really well! Kinda wish i had more time now to play games with the rules pack to get the hang of it!
After my game with Dave i really dont know if im happy with my list!! Feels like im really missing Tiggy!! I can drop a stormraven and add a few guns to the marines, FNP and the super buff chip (monster hunters, tank hunters, furious charge etc) to the commander and of course add tigirius! However is 1 storraven worth it or shall i drop both on aid of something else? I have very little troops which are all slow so i feel i need something sturdy to get them around the board that can also dish out firepower! The stormraven does this well (unless it gets shot down) so i dont think i have much choice! Any ideas guys? Im running out of time!
Missed you yesterday to give you the Kroot Nick Sad

Think you already left when popped in at end of night, do you still nedd to borrow them?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I will be atending now. Woot.

Here my list I am planning to take. I worked on a kroot screen instead of the wraiths oignally and mass missle pods on tide and commander but I don't have the kroot models to make it work. I have play tested and prefer it to wraith wing but you gota go with the models you already have.

I though the Nau where best at 1500 but I think it scales well up to 1850.

Dumb Overlord
Commander Awesome : Flamer, Iridium Armour, CnC Node, MsSS, Nuro Jammer, PEN(15)_Chip
Riptide Ion cannon, EwO & TL Fusion
5 Warriors in Scythe
5 Warriors in Scythe
5 Warriors in Scythe
6 Wraiths
6 Wraiths
10 Sniper Kroot
3 Barges
Sniper Drone Team 1 spotter with 9 drones

Essentailly changed my club list by adding 12 wraiths (if your gona take units, might as well max them out) and dropping stromteks and commanders fusion guns.
Thanks for a cracking day guys! (Rob and Chris) the venue itself way awesome, if not a bit cold! Managed to take a lot out of it ready for Caledonian! Major list changes coming sooooooooon!
(18-12-2013, 07:02 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Thanks for a cracking day guys! (Rob and Chris) the venue itself way awesome, if not a bit cold! Managed to take a lot out of it ready for Caledonian! Major list changes coming sooooooooon!

Had a fantastic time, even if I moaned a lot about my last game, I thought the event was fantastic (Tim knows how to put a good tournament on!), have learnt a lot from each game,

game1 just how devastating the Beastpack can be (taking out in one charge, Predator, 5 man marine squad, 10 man marine squad, wolf lord, razorback, hyperios missile platform)

game2 no fortune, it still took 3 turns of shooting from a 5 riptide list to take out, I should have been more aggressive, I was almost tabled, against Vince it was another matter, I was more the aggressor and Riptides on the defence... but it could with some more ap damage.. hmm (razorwings??)

game3 not to be a pushover and stick to my guns and play dirty when needed... plus to be more aggressive with the beastpack again...

I don't think I will be changing the list much or at all... I don't think I used a few units right (Warp Spiders/Hawks and to be much more aggressive with the Beastpack).

Need to play test against against Tau/Riptides, any takers? (Vince/Rob :p)

Cheers for the lift Chris and company Nick, plus another good finish for Nick at a gun fight tournament! Big Grin

Yeah it was good fun, cheers guys. Felt the list I took was decent but not good against monstrous creatures and with no assault units, its not able to deal with units that can't really be removed by shooting alone. So thinking cap on again for BB5...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari