Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Warm Up 1850pt 40k Tournament
(01-12-2013, 11:59 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Mesh wel see, I struggle to hang onto objectives so I need to sort it!

You don't need objectives when you can table people :p

TBH its why my Paladin list did so well, they were the scoring... and why I've moved away from the Seer Council a little while still keeping with the Deathstars... *fingers crossed for the scouring mission*

Nick tomorrow did you fancy playing one of the missions from Winter Warm up and use it's scoring so we get used to it?

Yeah, fine by me mate!
Still havent decided on a list tho! Why can you only have 6 centurions per squad!! Lol
(02-12-2013, 08:17 AM)Embolden Wrote: Nick tomorrow did you fancy playing one of the missions from Winter Warm up and use it's scoring so we get used to it?

We might get two missions in :p
lol I might even get a turn4... (I have reserves...)LMAO!

(02-12-2013, 05:29 PM)Embolden Wrote: lol I might even get a turn4... (I have reserves...)LMAO!

Haha nahh. My army will struggle to remove everything at 1850 which is why im kinda worried that i cant hold objectives that well! Im debating droppong the 2nd libby and some marines for 8 bikes and a eternal warrior bike commander so i can just sit them around and objective/the relic but getting FNP from the 2nd libby (if im lucky enough to roll it!) makes a huuuuuuuuge difference to Lysnader and the death star!

Any thoughts?
(02-12-2013, 06:11 PM)Nick1988 Wrote:
(02-12-2013, 05:29 PM)Embolden Wrote: lol I might even get a turn4... (I have reserves...)LMAO!

Haha nahh. My army will struggle to remove everything at 1850 which is why im kinda worried that i cant hold objectives that well! Im debating droppong the 2nd libby and some marines for 8 bikes and a eternal warrior bike commander so i can just sit them around and objective/the relic but getting FNP from the 2nd libby (if im lucky enough to roll it!) makes a huuuuuuuuge difference to Lysnader and the death star!

Any thoughts?

Depends on the list:
I would have a bikesander in the Centurion squad, leaving the bikes to do as they please, they’re quick, so should be able to avoid combats they don’t want to be in, while still having an element of board control if you give them a Grav Gun/Combi-Grav with attached Multimelta attack bike. But it really depends on the rest of the list.

I think I’m set on my list now:

Eldrad
Farseer – Jetbike, Shard, Witnessing
Baron
5x3 Jetbikes
5 DE Warriors
6 Warp Spiders
6 Swooping Hawks
5 Beastmasters, 25 Khymera
Wraithknight
Wraithknight

A few points to play around with, but that’s the core of the list…

Why eldrad? Confused when i looked at the codex i remember being un impressed for the points cost!! Did i miss something?
Eldrad gives the unit the best chance of fortune, combined with farseer its, 84%m plus I like his other buffs as well.

I found with the seer council the first farseer was as largely a waste if it didn't get fortune, Eldrad adds more than 4 rolls on the runes of fate table.