Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham IV
It’s the Grav cannons you have to be worried about, much bigger salvos Nick was rolling fists full of dice and its basically like shooting down fliers… show me the 6’s! 2 6’s will destroy a 3HP vehicle, they ignore Serpent Shields and Quantum Shielding, luckily not cover.

Against infantry they are hit/miss, wounding on your armour save (for my Wriathguard it’s 3+) and the weapons are AP2, so they smashed them up good and proper out the in open… (wish I hadn’t played like a n00b!)

I’m not sure they are going to be all that prevalent at BB, I think Nick will be one of the first Marine players.

one of the first Marine players?

no chance. you will see Eldar, Tau and Marines. lots of marines. They're the new lovelies and people have had marines in their cupboards for years going unused and now is the time to bring them out.

grav guns you might see less of but i do think people catch on fast (the internet is to blame) and people read sites like dakka and warseer where people rave about them so i'd plan on seeing them. especially with the top players. Mass wave serpent spam will be there too
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I didn't finish what I wanted to say properly.. I meant to say Marine Players using Grav Cannons I can see plenty of Marine players going to BB :p.

I'm almost tempted to Ally in Coteaz + Storm Raven for some first turn protection/seizing and Anti-Flyer.

Sounds nasty, my only hope is to kill them first I think. Nick was saying he had some dodgy tactic with Lysander as a meat shield, might make it a bit harder Sad

They are salvo 3/5 is that right? So within 12" they only (!) get 3 shots each. What are the dev centurions like in combat? Just wondering whether black knights could take them.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
its 3 if they move at half range and 5 if they dont move at full range, i think
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Dev Centurions are Relentless I think so throw out like 5 shot each, with a threat range of 30"!

yep relentless means they count as not moving. Nice!
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Same as bikes... I think Chris could be doing some converting... White Scars do it much better I'm afraid.. Khan is pretty cheap at 125pts and 5 bikes that just became troops cost about 130pts with 2 Grav Guns, Hit and Run, Scouting... all the good stuff than DA can do...

(25-09-2013, 09:04 PM)Embolden Wrote: Dev Centurions are Relentless I think so throw out like 5 shot each, with a threat range of 30"!

Not relentless,they are slow and purposeful.
Doesn't make a difference to their shooting, but does mean they cannot overwatch or run.

Pg 42.

Slow and Purposeful

"A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule cannot Run, Turbo-boost, move Flat Out, perform Sweeping Advances or fire Overwatch. They can, however, shoot with Heavy, Salo and Ordnance weapons, counting as stationary even if they moved in the previous Movement phase. They are also allowed to charge in the same turn they fire Heavy, Ordnance, Rapid Fire or Salvo weapons."

Just worth pointing out in advance. Tongue

Not that i have been looking at them to add to my army.... Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
yeah shame i cant get Grav guns on my Ravenwing.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss