Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham IV
(13-09-2013, 11:57 AM)GoNecrons Wrote: Ignore Cover. It's mostly from Tau and Eldar.

Tau
Two marker light hits mostly from path finders who will fall to your wave serpent dakka.
A support commander with the MsSS or one with drone controller in a bunch of marker drones will be harder to take out as he can scoot out of line of sight. You can cover most angels with your speed and long range. I guess you target priority gets rejigged with anything that has this rule.

Eldar
Other Wave serpents. You are stuck in a mirror match :O)

Is the new Marine codex in use at BB?

Cause they can now ignore cover with the Auspex relic so i read, so that might be worth bearing in mind.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Yep they're allowing the new dex.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(13-09-2013, 12:10 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: Here is what I am running. Might change again but trying to stick with it till BB now. One less stormtek as I keep committing my troops to early and extra kit on commander.

Overlord 90
2 Storm Teks 50
Commander Awesome 197
Fusion/Fusion, Iridium Armour, CnC Node
Multi Suit, Jammer, PEN_Chip, VR Trusters
3 5 Warriors in Scythes 495
10 Kroot 60
Riptide Ion, EwO & SMS 190
3 Barges 270
Snipers 148
Total bang on 1500

No sky fire on the riptide? :p
@Ben, firstly, thanks for the input, you’re right, it was my target priority/play which has been wrong, but I also felt the lack of reliable fire power, I found that most of my shots where jink saved or just failing to hit/wound… I think that 3 tanks that have a single shot weapons was a bit much, hence the move towards Dragons in Serpents, against Rob, the Dragons did okay… took out a Riptide, but one squad got stunned at the worst possible moment… so couldn’t fire for a turn, then my army fell apart as I was WAAAAAY to aggressive while looking for board control, again such poor play by myself, as Rob played pretty much the perfect game!

@everyone else, thanks for the input, ignore weapons will ruin a mantle Seer/Tarch, I think he’s just to vulnerable at a 5 game tournament where Tau/Eldar will be dominant.

That means I’m looking at a Spiritseer and Wraithguard, for a more durable scoring unit.

So the list I’ve been working on (between actual work!)

Spiritseer – 70
5 Wraithguard in Wave Serpent – Scatter laser, Holofields, Vectored Engines – 310
5 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent – scatter laser, holofields – 200
3 Jetbikes – 51
3 Jetbikes – 51
5 Fire Dragons in Wave Serpent – Scatter Laser, Holofields – 245
Fire Prism – Holofields – 140

I think the last 30pts will go on Shuriken Cannons on the Avenger serpents… gives me more fire power…

Or I could “upgrade” the Spiritseer to a Farseer for the same pts, but this makes the Wraithguard overcosted IMO (overpriced for a non scoring unit), so I would then drop them for Dragons, saving 50pts, which gives me the pts for a another Jetbike squad… another tempting option.

(13-09-2013, 01:55 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: No sky fire on the riptide? :p

It really sucks at taking out flyers dude. Much better at ground targets (with a template) on Intercept. I did the math on 3 BS3 S7 shooting vs. AV11 & 12. Even with tank hunters from Captin Awesome.

So I will be relying on magic tesla bullets to take down flyers. Big Grin

(13-09-2013, 02:21 PM)GoNecrons Wrote:

It really sucks at taking out flyers dude. Much better at ground targets (with a template) on Intercept. I did the math on 3 BS3 S7 shooting vs. AV11 & 12. Even with tank hunters from Captin Awesome.

Haha I love it! I'm really worried about my deepstriking stuff against riptides Confused stupid awesome blast!!

Could you not give captain awesome 2 missile pods and Skyfire? 4 BS5 S7 shots with tank hunter could be tasty.......
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Quote:Or I could “upgrade” the Spiritseer to a Farseer for the same pts, but this makes the Wraithguard overcosted IMO (overpriced for a non scoring unit), so I would then drop them for Dragons, saving 50pts, which gives me the pts for a another Jetbike squad… another tempting option.

This. farseer is more useful than a spiritseer, and as you say, no spiritseer no point in Wraithguard.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(13-09-2013, 03:25 PM)manrogue Wrote:

Could you not give captain awesome 2 missile pods and Skyfire? 4 BS5 S7 shots with tank hunter could be tasty.......

I did look at it. A skyfire commander but the MsSS won out. The missle pods vs. light transports is good with a decent range but the Tau are their to provide quility low AP shooting. So had to go with Fusion. It alloed me to swap out the TL fusion blaster on the riptide for the SMS. I really like to smart missles now.
(13-09-2013, 03:59 PM)Simian Wrote:
Quote:Or I could “upgrade” the Spiritseer to a Farseer for the same pts, but this makes the Wraithguard overcosted IMO (overpriced for a non scoring unit), so I would then drop them for Dragons, saving 50pts, which gives me the pts for a another Jetbike squad… another tempting option.

This. farseer is more useful than a spiritseer, and as you say, no spiritseer no point in Wraithguard.

You do want me to have that Farseer! I'm awfully tempted.. I'm gonna have to playtest.

(13-09-2013, 04:44 PM)GoNecrons Wrote:
(13-09-2013, 03:25 PM)manrogue Wrote:

I did look at it. A skyfire commander but the MsSS won out. The missle pods vs. light transports is good with a decent range but the Tau are their to provide quility low AP shooting. So had to go with Fusion. It alloed me to swap out the TL fusion blaster on the riptide for the SMS. I really like to smart missles now.

Fusion all the way, Rob has plenty of STR7 Fire Power coming from the N part of the Nau list Wink. A compromise would be Plasma :p, but I don't see the need to change personally.