Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H2H Fighting with Two Weapons
(30-07-2013, 07:36 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: In my opinion I think the rules are pretty clear and in the heat of battle it would be hard to securely fasten a weapon so that it does not impede you. Dropping it is more of an option but then I would say you automatically lose that weapon for good - it falls from a walkway and is lost in toxic sludge, or is lost amid a tangle of twisted metal.

When you arm your gang you must decide wether to sacrifice close combat ability for shooting power on a model by model basis. It's probably a balance issue,otherwise one model can become ridiculously powerful.

Okay, I've thought about this a bit more and I think the idea is that if you have a model armed with say a lasgun, a knife and an autopistol, the autopistol is there to be used as a ranged weapon in case the lasgun runs out of ammo - however because the model is still "carrying" the lasgun (slung over his back) he doesn't gain the extra attack in close combat for having the pistol and the knife.

Makes sense to me that way, otherwise there's no point giving a model a basic weapon and a pistol.
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!

Messages In This Thread
H2H Fighting with Two Weapons - by Stuart - 24-07-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: H2H Fighting with Two Weapons - by Simian - 24-07-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: H2H Fighting with Two Weapons - by Stuart - 24-07-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: H2H Fighting with Two Weapons - by GreyKnight - 29-07-2013, 11:25 PM
RE: H2H Fighting with Two Weapons - by jaqenhgar - 30-07-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: H2H Fighting with Two Weapons - by GreyKnight - 30-07-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: H2H Fighting with Two Weapons - by jaqenhgar - 30-07-2013, 10:57 AM