Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First attempt at a Tau list
Thats what i thought when they popped up as a buy it now, may need to strip them and change weapon config around but can't complain for £10.
Only things i need now are 2 Broadsides, Riptide, Hamerhead and Darkstrider.
Things i would LIKE are 3 more broadsides, Another hammer head, Another Riptide, 3 Pirhana, Shadowsun and 6 Stealth suits. Just to have fun playing with options.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
While trawling the internet today managed to find some markerlight tokens which i have printed out and laminated.
Yes i do have to much free time at work. Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
Paulson games is having a 20% off sale, depating whether i have the funds to get some more of there underslung weapons to convert my Crisis suits up and also use the underslung missile pods to scratchbuild a High yield missile pod Broadside. Or 2.
Roughly £15 (before postage) for 3 underslung plasma, 3 underslung Fusion blasters, 3 missile pods and 2 underslung missile pods.
Much prefer the look of his weapons to GW and adds a bit of individuality to my Tau. Hoping he gets his current Head sculpt on the site before promo ends as would like to snap up 6 of those as well!
Edit - added pictures of his stuff to show how awesome it is. Tongue

Attached Files Image(s)

Blood bowl Skaven
Just a bit of feedback required from those with the Tau codex, reading on dakka today that i can take two of the same weapons on XV8's without them being TL. This would be a massive change allowing for all kinds of shenanigans.
I read the weapon entry and there is nothing in it that says that you have to TL if you take two of the same weapons like in the old codex. Just that there are two point costs, one for single and one for TL.
So the question is, do you see it that way as well? Could i legally field two XV8's with 2 single Fusion blaster's and a target lock?
Edit - Pretty cut and dry really reading entry properly, got over excited by the 10 page thread on dakka debating it. - "Where a weapon has two points costs, the first is for a standard, single weapon, and the second is for two weapons (Counting as a twin-linked weapon of that type). A twin-linked weapon counts as two choices from this list."
Blood bowl Skaven
Was just about to quote that, until I read the rest of the post :p

Yep, does make me laugh that people are STILL debating on dakka whether you can take two single weapons of the same type.
It does mean i could take three weapons on a suit as there is no restriction on that and have one TL and one standard. And fire both as TL count as a single weapon, at least from my undrstanding.
Blood bowl Skaven
(21-04-2013, 11:15 AM)manrogue Wrote: It does mean i could take three weapons on a suit as there is no restriction on that and have one TL and one standard. And fire both as TL count as a single weapon, at least from my undrstanding.

Thats correct (well as far as I can tell) but do you still need a multitracker/target lock to fire 2 weapons?

Its built in on all Suits now, they come with a free Blacksun filter and multitracker Wink
Blood bowl Skaven
New FAQ clears XV-8 weapon query up-
"Q: Can I take three of the same (not Twin-linked) weapons on my
Crisis suit? (p100)

A: Yes. Remember though that a Crisis battlesuit can still only fire a maximum of two weapon systems per Shooting phase. For example: A Crisis battlesuit could be equipped with three (non Twin-linked) burst cannons, or one Twin-linked burst cannon and one (non Twin-linked) burst cannon, so long as you pay the appropriate cost in each instance. In either case,
make sure your opponent is aware how you have chosen to equip such models at the beginning of the game."

May be changing my list around....... Big Grin
Blood bowl Skaven
Currently working on a 10 crisis suit list of cheese involving lots of plasma guns, possibly twenty..... and i still have a riptide with ion in Tongue
Also involves lots of marker lights as need to drop 4 per unit i fire (2 to strip cover and 2 preferably to knock me up to BS5).
Blood bowl Skaven