Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First attempt at a Tau list
HQ
Commander, Plasma, missile, Iridium armour, Drone controller, Puretide Enegram system - 163
1 Marker drones, 1 shield drone - 24
Darkstrider - 100
Troops
3 x Firewarrior squads (8) Shas'ui, Markerlight and target lock - 291
Elite
XV104 Riptide, SMS, Ion Accelerator, Early warning override - 180
XV8 Crisis suit team (2) TL fusion blaster, Target Lock - 89
XV8 Crisis suit team (2) Plasma, Missile, Target lock - 99
4 x Marker drones - 48
Fast
Razorshark, Missile, Decoy launcher - 153
Pathfinders (10) Pulse accelerator, 3 Rail rifles, Devilfish SMS, Recon drone - 288
Pathfinders (4) 3 Ion rifles - 74
Heavy
Hammerhead, Railgun, Distruption pods, Blacksun filter, Longstrike - 186
Broadside unit High yield missiles(1) Velocity tracker - 85
Broadside unit Heavy Rail rifle(1) Early warning override -70
1850 PT

Darkstrider goes with large pathfinder unit, not sure if they will start or outflank.
Commander with drone controller lights up a unit with 5 Bs 5 Markerlights, they will be Jump shoot jumping around the board.
Riptide responds to any threats, also deep strike detterent as can intercept.
Crisis suits deep strike close to where ever i can get the recon drone, (no scatter) preferably close to armour.
Gonna be a challenge to play the list i think, but that is deliberate as what something a bit different than my normal camping lists.
Feedback?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Just a liitle update as to what stuff does, Darktstrider makes whatever his unit shoot at -1T/A, pulse Accelerator adds 6" to the units range(24" pulse carbines, woohoo!). I am tempted to switch the Rail Rifles round to be in his unit, not sure yet.
Longstrike is a must in the Hammerhead as he is the only way to get it away from BS3. BS5 with him, Plus other good anti-armour rules i can't remember.
The two broadsides have Skyfire and TL railguns for AA suport, Will have them in separate units. Only S8 now though. Boo.
Decoy Launcher on the Flyer gives it a 4++ against Intercept shots WITHOUT having to Evade.
If i give the the leader a Target Lock as well, could the unit (ie all the drones) fire at a target and then everyone else target something else due to all having target lock? That is my understanding, just want to make sure before i start playing with the list.
Blood bowl Skaven
I like the list! will struggle in a couple of missions (Emperors Will and Relic) I would be tempted to mount at least one of the troops choices in a devilfish to get some mobility, I still don't rate Tau infantry.

Hammerheads are BS4 basic mate, but longstrike is awesome against assault armies! (can overwatch/support fire) but if the HH greats destroyed you give away a VP

I would take Interceptor on the Broadsides mate, cheaper and you only lose out against flying MCs, which are fairly easy to down.

In regards to the Target Lock: the user may fire at a different target to the unit, if they're all armed, they can all shoot at different targets (but the drones would have to shoot at the same chosen unit)

Unfortunately only BS 3 now as can't get the Targeting Array to improve your BS anymore, not even in the codex. Sad (at least i am positive i read it that way, will recheck codex tonight)
Yep confirms what i thought about target lock, planning on firing on a unit with 5 markerlights for other units to use, then have the option of spreading my fire around if wanted!
Blood bowl Skaven
(11-04-2013, 08:46 AM)manrogue Wrote: Unfortunately only BS 3 now as can't get the Targeting Array to improve your BS anymore, not even in the codex. Sad (at least i am positive i read it that way, will recheck codex tonight)
Yep confirms what i thought about target lock, planning on firing on a unit with 5 markerlights for other units to use, then have the option of spreading my fire around if wanted!

the codex i've got hold of says the HH is bs4 :p, bs 5 is epic though!

Is it BS4 as standard then? I know you can't have a targetting array anymore as can't get BS4 Crisis suits. Must have misread Hammerheads profile......
Blood bowl Skaven
Think so mate, was taking a look at the codex today, I'm getting that urge to build an army... lol

Hey mate

Just working through the points of your list, I think it's just over 1900pts it doesn't look like the small fire warrior squad and broadsides are added :p

Doh, 1962 pts.....
Missed out something when i added it up on paper! And that would be why i use Army builder. Tongue
Back to the drawing board i go.......
Blood bowl Skaven
(11-04-2013, 09:50 PM)manrogue Wrote: Doh, 1962 pts.....
Missed out something when i added it up on paper! And that would be why i use Army builder. Tongue
Back to the drawing board i go.......

So you need to find 112pts, thats not a massive amount, there are a lot of upgrades that could be dropped/tweaked.