Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First attempt at a Tau list
(12-04-2013, 07:21 AM)Embolden Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 09:50 PM)manrogue Wrote: Doh, 1962 pts.....
Missed out something when i added it up on paper! And that would be why i use Army builder. Tongue
Back to the drawing board i go.......

So you need to find 112pts, thats not a massive amount, there are a lot of upgrades that could be dropped/tweaked.
Yep, having a play around now, managed to shave 67 already by changing the bodyguards to normal Crisis suits and getting rid of the single crisis suit. Just 45 left to lose......
(11-04-2013, 08:32 AM)Embolden Wrote: Hammerheads are BS4 basic mate, but longstrike is awesome against assault armies! (can overwatch/support fire) but if the HH greats destroyed you give away a VP

Do characters normally give up victory points if they die then? Reading Longstrike's special rule, it says if he dies he provides no additional victory points (hammerhead ace).
And yes i have snuck my codex into work to sort my list out on breaks. Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(12-04-2013, 08:15 AM)manrogue Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 08:32 AM)Embolden Wrote: Hammerheads are BS4 basic mate, but longstrike is awesome against assault armies! (can overwatch/support fire) but if the HH greats destroyed you give away a VP

Do characters normally give up victory points if they die then? Reading Longstrike's special rule, it says if he dies he provides no additional victory points (hammerhead ace).
And yes i have snuck my codex into work to sort my list out on breaks. Tongue

Only in KPs, Warlord and Firstblood (IC), so it would be like another secondary mission VP.

Just 5 points to lose now........
Tempted to switch one broadside for a high yield Missile with Velocity tracker and have the other as heavy Rail rifle with Ewarly warning override.
Edit- 1850 bang on
Blood bowl Skaven
Played my first game tonight with my Tau (cheers for the game Rob!), generally quite happy with the list. The Fire warriors and Heavy rail rifle Broadside didn't perform in this game, mainly as Rob rolled ignores cover saves for his psychic powers and killed 2 units of 8 pretty much straight away.
Think i will play a couple more games before i make any changes, just to get a feel for the units.
Edit - Best part of the game was Nova reactor failing three turns in a row, stripping more wounds off himself than Rob did........
Blood bowl Skaven
Yes, thanks for the game mate!

I've not been tabled in a while!! So well done mate!

I gambled trying to get firstblood and FAILED, then the Terminators moved 7" in two turns with a run, before they got into range of anything, this cost me loads... a 5" move turn1 through cover and I would have had firstblood :p, thats dice for you and after that, you played extremely well!

I was able to kill the troops with ease (thanks for ignore cover), so I think it might be worth either adding more or trying to get a Devilfish, how about outflanking kroot, they are DIRT cheap for 10man units (no upgraded needed)

I think the Railrifle on the Broadside would of had a better chance shooting against Marklighted Dreads over the Dreadknight.

Although it was funny as hell as the Riptide kept wounding itself :p, I'm not sure what you where trying to achieve by Nova charging the Riptide, because you were wounding on 2's, Ap2 with the large blast anyway!

But you're right about the changes, I would keep playing and then you'll get a true representation of list.

Yeah, i don't know why i kept doing it either couldn't help myself! Agree about the troops, i am tempted to get some kroot in with sniper rifles(7 pts each!) and outflank them.
I really enjoy the army, think there is a good range of options in it. Particularly the large pathfinder unit led by Darkstrider, they bring a lot to the table when they outflank on.
The Only two changes i am really tempted by are to-
1 - switch the ion rifles out on pathfinders 2 and add more 3 more guys for more marklight goodness.
2 - Get rid of the Heavy rail rifle Broadside for another crisis suit in the Commander's squad with another marklight drone.
Blood bowl Skaven
Been scouring ebay for a SMS system for the Devilfish and can't find one anywhere. Sad
Looks like it might be a scratch build job....
Also need one more crisis suit....
Blood bowl Skaven
SMS are just two missile pods together :p

May have expanded my options by getting 3 crisis suits for a tenner on eBay........
Blood bowl Skaven
(18-04-2013, 07:50 AM)manrogue Wrote: May have expanded my options by getting 3 crisis suits for a tenner on eBay........

bargain!!!