Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Apocalypse book, super heavies in June
Popped into GW Dudley today, and they have a big Apoc game scheduled for 6th July. Had a chat with one of the staff, (he was impressed that they had been given some more advanced warning than just the 7 days,) about Apoc and its popularity with 40k, and the mediocre reception of Storm of Magic. Anyway great chat, with someone who isn't the a-typical GW over the top staff member.

Point being I just don't get those characters place. Can someone with more experience, at Apoc (or just 40k,) explain to me why these Space Marines are suitable to an Apoc game rather than a standard game option?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(24-06-2013, 06:40 PM)Gareth Wrote: Anyway great chat, with someone who isn't the a-typical GW over the top staff member.

most of the GW Dudley staff are actually pretty decent guys. its my local store and they've always been good to chat to. Steve, Seamus and Mike are anyway!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Just special characters of the 10 main companies a space marine chapter is made up of as they Sell really well. (ie Master of the relics is in charge of the 9th company(devs), Master of recruiter is in charge of 10th company (scouts) etc etc
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(24-06-2013, 07:51 PM)Simian Wrote:
(24-06-2013, 06:40 PM)Gareth Wrote: Anyway great chat, with someone who isn't the a-typical GW over the top staff member.

most of the GW Dudley staff are actually pretty decent guys. its my local store and they've always been good to chat to. Steve, Seamus and Mike are anyway!

Yeah, Steve was in with newbie Scott (he looks old enough to be on Work Experience,) and which was great, as I wante to pick his experienced brain on a painting style.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
And new terrain-
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/pos...30894.page
Blood bowl Skaven
New terrain looks scary and is usable in 40k standard-
Vengeance Weapons Battery £30
-The box comes with two Vengeance Weapons Batteries. Each can be armed with either a Punisher Gatling Cannon or a Battle Cannon
-The rules for both Apocalypse and Warhammer 40k are included in the box

Firestorm Redoubt £40
-Large fortification that has a pair of Quad-Linked Icarus Lascanons

Aquila Strongpoint £70
-Has two options: Macro-Cannon or Vortex Missile
-Macro Cannon fire at a long range with an enormous blast radius. Can even target flyers.
-Vortex Missile comes with 7 Vortex Missles, which are bigger versions of a Vortex Grenade, but with infinite range
Blood bowl Skaven
40k rules in the box? more anti flyer? you mean i might not have to use my contemptors? that does sound good.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Yeah like the sound of that Firestorm Redoubt, 2 quad lascannons and a fortifaction? Yes please!

I can see me having a lot of fun with my camping guard list with that!
Blood bowl Skaven
All gone live at http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...od2130070a , not impressed with the prices. Ouch.
Also got rid of the discounted apoc formations of last time and gone with 1 click bundles that save you no pennies.
Was slightly interested in this release, i'm not after seeing the prices.
Blood bowl Skaven
Ermmmmmm............

GW have a big banner stating - "Forge New Loyalties, massive new plastic kits that any army can use."

WHATTTTTT!!!!!!!

Any army should not have access to a Lord of Skulls, or a Tesserect Vault. Ok a Baneblade could be used by Spack-murenes, Guard, Orks or Chaos to a degree, but if you are telling me they are making Apoc a version of Storm of Magic any credibility has just gone flying through the window.

I can understand for a large part, the scroll of binding system in Warhammer, (my Bretonnians sent a questing knight to Lustria, who brought back some Cold-Ones which we reared, or there was a big Dragon in the mountains and after numerous attempts to slay it, our best wizard enchanted it under our control,) but to say a Tesserect Vault, actually can be used by Tau, or that a Chaos incursion happened to leave a Lord of Skulls lying around after theie last Black crusade so some Tyranids found it and use it, makes no fluff reasoning at all.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen