Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matts Latest Bonkers list
I don't think hand flamers are worth the points, infernus pistols are better but still expensive and I see you've dumped them in the 2nd list. I really don't think 15 points for an extra lightning claw is worth the candle either mate on the Sarges.

I spent a long time with a LC and melta bomb on my sarges and that worked ok but eventually just run them vanilla with a melta bomb thus saving me around 45 points (or almost another Sang Priest in BA terms!) I think if your going to spend a boatload of points on a sarge then the S/shield L/Claw is the way to go meaning you can challenge anything and have a shot at surviving...

Other than that, I think it's a solid concept and a solid list. I guess we get to find out how many times those VV's get their HI in!
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
Just one thing to clarify. If I select 10 vanguard vets and put them in reserve I assume that counts as one unit, even if they later combat detach on deployment?

I mistakenly believed that 5 VV's were cheaper than 1 x 10, but in fact they are the same cost, so I am now looking at 20 minimum VV's, maybe even more!
Sarges
LC and melta gives you some decent utility. You could do just storm sheild but that is far too defensive for you. I have had a shackle destoyer lord stuck in combat with a sarge with a 3++ survive two and a half game turns of challege combat.
Yep, A 10 man unit can be combat squadded on deployment but counts as 1 unit if put into reserve and only 1 reserve roll made for it. FAQ says "You must decide which units are splitting into combat squads and which models go into each combat squad, immediately before deployment". I'm pretty sure this means you can't combat squad it in reserve as well and get to make 2 reserve rolls, 1 for each half.

As for 5 and 10's for the veteran units; in a SM codex there is no sergeant in the squad so you don't pay the "sergeant tax". In fact for most SM codex units with a sarge it's cheaper to have 1 10 man than 2 5 man squads since your paying 2 or 3 points more for each sarge you get.
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"