Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matts Latest Bonkers list
OK here goes for Battlefield Brum - actually not such a scatty list

Arch Confessor Kyrinov
2 x 10 Sisters of battle with melta/multi melta
The above and Straken nestle behind an Aegis with Comms relay.
2 x Penitent engines in 1 unit
2 x Avenger Strike Fighters (yeah baby yeah!)

Command Squad with Colonel Straken
10 Veterans with 3 x flamers flying in
Vendetta with bolters
10 veterans including auto cannon, 2 x plasma, melta, Gunnery Sgt Harker, camo cloaks (gives them infiltrate and 2+ cover save)

Topped off with either another Avenger Strike Fighter, 3 x Hydra Flak platforms, or another Vendetta.

Oh and of course - Sly Marbo for the win!!

Dont bother mentioning Sly or the Penitents - they are in!!

Straken either makes Harkers unit twin linked or re roll cover saves at 24" range. I may have just sold 400 quids worth of reenactment gear but the Avengers are 80 quid a pop and I think 2 is enough! I have everything else. Option to scout or out flank the penitents.

Thoughts?

main question is hydra platforms (6 x t/l BS3 S7 interceptor shots) or Vendetta or third Avenger. I fancy the hydras perhaps.
If you dont know, Kyrinov makes all units within 6" fearless.
Third avenger all the way!! (If there's no legitimate reason you can't sky fire)
Looks like a fun list!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I have asked for a ruling, but I cant see where it says it cant - only the comments on various forums.
why wouldn't they be able to skyfire?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Hydra's FTW!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Presumably because it's fluff is that it's a ground attack unit and FW managed to stick "Skyfire" as a rule against the heavy stubber weapon, thus leading people to believe the flyer itself doesn't have skyfire (despite the rulebook saying all flyers can skyfire and choose each turn). I'd be surprised if you can't skyfire it to be honest and it may be that the skyfire for the stubber is intended so that you can target ground targets with the other weapons and still fire the stubber at aerial targets (although why a Str 4 Ap6 weapon would be your main anti-flyer weapon beats me. Presumably someone at FW has watched "Battle of Britain" one too many times! Big Grin)
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
That sounds daft, all flyers have skyfire so long as they're not in hover mode. if one gun has the skyfire rule only then it just means it cant don anything but snapfire at ground troops.

the wonders of rule lawyering
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Yep agreed mate... although I'm interested in the point about hover mode? "All flyers have skyfire" and "vehicles in hover mode are treated exactly as fast skimmers". I can see where that rule is interpreted as you have, I think though that it is possible to claim that a flyer in hover mode still has the "flyer" designation and can therefore skyfire? The rule is ridiculously unclear and the logical place to put the clarification would be in the hover rule bit instead of just stating they possibly are able to fire less weapons.

I'd love to know since I hadn't considered a hovering flyer couldn't skyfire, but I can totally see why it might be the case...

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/pos...63985.page for people similarly confused...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"