Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hellllllppppp needed
(06-02-2013, 09:25 AM)Simian Wrote: Are you taking the flakk upgrades on the devastators? or relying on the aegis and the hyperios?

Nah the flakk upgrades IMO are not worth it, 1 less str and ap for an extra 10pts each!

Doing rough math you'll get 3 hits and cause a not very likely 2glance/pens against Necron flyers (needing 4's) and more likely 1 glance/pen against Imperial flyers (needing 5s). So it's not worth it imo.

The Hyperios for less pts will average 3 hits and a more solid chance of 2 glances/pens against Necron flyers (needing 3's to glance) and again a solid chance of 2glances/pens against Imperial flyers (4's to glance).

The flakk shots also means they're rubbish against flying Nids being AP4 means you're wound on 3's rather than 2's (against Hive Tyrants) and they get there save. I'd much rather fire my Hyperios/Quadgun at them first, then a Marine squad if I'm desperate knowing I'm not really going to kill it, but if I can ground it then a Dev squad will take out. If not, it's pot luck and on 4 dice I should get 1 6 :p

As you can see, I'm not a fan of Flakk Wink

The more and more I think about it, the more and more I want Deathwing, even if it's just the 1 squad of 5 with an assault cannon, but the 240pts really puts me off... but, assuming I drop a Marine squad (the squad with heavybolter/flamer) how else would I find the pts? Dropping a Dev squad? dropping the aegis? or drop 2 troops choices and drop the Vet squad and find 5pts somewhere? Hmmm, what do you guys think?

Im very much a fan of the deathwing (you should probably have guessed that from my army) but i think they work best when supported by the rest of teh army, 1 squad of five terminators if they deep strike is going to get bent over and....i wont complete that, needless to say they work best when you have 2-3 squad and the support and distraction of other squads right in the opponents face.

The reason im a fan of the 10 man squad is they have the surviability to take a lot of shots and they're a distraction so my other units can get into position and do what i need them too.

All valid points on flakk. (i might drop the ten points from my list now based on that.) lets see about that 4+ invun shield.....
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(07-02-2013, 08:47 AM)Simian Wrote: Im very much a fan of the deathwing (you should probably have guessed that from my army) but i think they work best when supported by the rest of teh army, 1 squad of five terminators if they deep strike is going to get bent over and....i wont complete that, needless to say they work best when you have 2-3 squad and the support and distraction of other squads right in the opponents face.

The reason im a fan of the 10 man squad is they have the surviability to take a lot of shots and they're a distraction so my other units can get into position and do what i need them too.

All valid points on flakk. (i might drop the ten points from my list now based on that.) lets see about that 4+ invun shield.....

i would drop them most likely turn2 when going first or turn1 going second and land them near the blob for support, i might try a variant list trying this out on sunday if people are still going to tw? but i see your point about them better in multiples.