Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hellllllppppp needed
As the title says, I seriously cannot nail down a list at the moment and it's starting to really annoy me! So I thought I'd share a few lists I've been thinking about:

List1 Angels and IG:

Azrael - 215
Libby - lvl2 - 100
Primaris - 70
Dreadnought - 2 autocannons - 120
Dreadnought - 2 Autocannons - 120
5 marines - lascannon - 90
5 marines - lascannon - 90
Platoon Command - 30
5 Platoons - 5 autocannons, 4 power axes, 3 meltabombs - 355
Platoon command - 30
2 Platoons - 2 Autocannons, 1 commissar - 155
4 Hyperios - 140
5 Devastators - 3 missiles, lascannon - 135
Aegis Defence Line - Quadgun - 100
1750pts

List2 IG and SW:

Primaris - 70
Rune Priest - lvl2 - 150
Rune Priest - 100
Marbo - 65
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Plasmaguns - 160
Platoon Command - 3 Flamers - 45
5 Platoons - 5 Autocannons, 5 Power Axes, 2 Meltabombs - 360
Specials Weapons Team - 3 Flamers - 50
Veteran squad - 3 Meltaguns - 100
4 Hyperios - 140
Vendetta - 130
Vendetta - heavy bolters - 140
Vendetta - heavy bolters - 140
1750pts

List3 SW and IG:

Rune Priest - 100
Rune Priest - 100
Rune Priest - 100
Primaris - 70
Marbo - 65
Platoon Command - 30
Vendetta - 130
4 Hyperios - 140
5 Long Fangs - 4 Missiles - 115
5 Long Fangs - 4 Missiles - 115
1745pts

List4 Angels and IG:

Azrael - 215
Libby - lvl2 - 100
Primaris - 70
Marbo - 65
5 Marines - 70
10 Scouts - 10 Sniper Rifles, 10 Camocloaks - 140
Platoon Command - 4 Flamers - 50
Vendetta - Heavy Bolters - 140
4 Hyperios Missiles - 140
5 Devastators - 3 Missiles, Lascannon - 135
Whirlwind - 65
1650 (not sure how to finish the list)

List5 Angels and IG:

Azrael - 215
Libby - lvl2 - 100
Primaris - 70
Dreadnought - 2 autocannons - 120
Dreadnought - 2 Autocannons - 120
Marbo - 65
5 Marines - Missile Launcher - 80
5 Scouts - 60
Platoon Command - 4 Flamers - 20
5 Platoons - 5 autocannons, 4 power axes, 3 meltabombs - 355
Vendetta - Heavy Bolter - 140
4 Hyperios - 140
5 Devastators - 3 missiles, lascannon - 135
1750pts

If you've read through that lot then please suggest a list or improvements as I cannot seem to find a list that balances, mobility, shooting and scoring unit.. I think list 5 is probably the most balanced, but what do you guys think.. I cannot decide.. Sad

3 or 5 for me mate. List 3 has a lot of fire power although the Vendetta seems like a bit of a waste! Not sure what to swap it out for but with my limited experience of Vendettas it seems they're only worth having if you take two or three! List five seems tough too! Azreal (who I'm assuming is in the large blob) would be a problem for any army to get off an objective and even it purge, they're a hell of a tough kill point to take! Everyone I've spoke to seems to think dreadnoughts are easy first blood options but I've always liked the autocannons on them!
The auto cannons are terrific no doubt (I had 2 Rifledreads my 5th ed. SM army) but that was also the same army where everything came in a rhino or a razorback or a LRC and covered by 3 Dakka preds and the targeting priorities were different. If they are the only armour in the list they become a magnet for all long range high strength shooting. Looking at list 5 and deciding what to shoot my melta or lascannon at the dreads stick out a mile and 2 AV12 vehicles just doesn't cut it with the plusses on the vehicle damage chart for AP1 and AP2 weaponry. Any balanced army is going to come with enough AT to at least put a dent in a mech force (and will have to deal with necron av13 spam probably) and its precisely this which will focus on the dreads early since they are the easiest target for them, all in my humble opinion of course...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
I would love to say List 4 as I rate the whirlwind. Probably not so good for first blood. So I will go for list 2 as it is best overall.
Yeah list 2 or list 4 I like best. Could spend the extra points on 3 more marines and add in a meltagun and combi-melta/flamer on the serge, and stick them in a drop pod. Gives you a little more maneouverability and a melta unit that can hurt something anywhere on your turn 1. Leaves you with 3 points if my maths are right.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I like Jaq's DP idea, solid solution. For me list 4, scrap the whirlwind and get another vendetta with bolters and sprinkle the remaining 20-30 points around on upgrades. Mobility sorted and redundancy in the flyers included. 3 TL Lascannons and a heavy bolter will probably kill as many chaff as the whirlwind (4-ish) in a shooting turn and gives you another 3 shots killing T4 multi-wound 2+ saves... not that I'm any expert on either IG or DA at all! Smile
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
I agree about the Vendettas - three or none. So if you find some troops to pop into the flyers then list 3 for me as it has AA and mobility. Your AA guns will ensure you have air superiority and then the V's can drop your troops wherever you like. and its got Marbo in it! Marbo for the win!!
So after taking everyones opinions in, the Vendetta is gone, Whirlwind will give up firstblood pretty easy, so thats gone, the Dreads are gone as well. I don't have a Drop Pod, plus I would prefer Grey Hunters in a Drop Pod, so it's a good shout, but I've come up with the following list:

Azrael - 215
Libby - lvl2 - 100
Primaris Psyker - 70
Sly Marbo - 65
10 Marines - Lascannon, Plasmagun - 175
10 Marines - Heavy Bolter, Flamer - 155
Platoon Command - 30
5 Infantry Platoons - 5 Autocannons, 4 Power Axes, 2 Meltabombs - 350
Veteran Squad - Autocannon
4 Hyperios Missiles - 140

Total: 1750pts

Again, limited mobility, but I think thats the nature of the beast, but I have 5 scoring units, 3 of which are quite durable.

Are you taking the flakk upgrades on the devastators? or relying on the aegis and the hyperios?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Loving the 2 x 5 devestators!