Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tourney list feedback BA - SW
I've magnetised mine as well, lol.

Just realised BB is 1750 and not 1850 d'oh! Never mind, I can work out if SRavens work and how TW cavalry go on without playing 1750...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
Yep, BB is 1750.

I'll have to completely revise my list as it'll be using the New DA codex now

all i know is it starts with 435 points of Contemptor Goodness
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Well I'm completely at a loss as to what to do now...

3 10 man strong assault marine squads simply aren't cutting it and if I'm going to go with tactical marines it might be better to go back to vanilla marines with combat tactics rather than a 1 in 6 red thirst roll, I am absolutely clueless as to what constitutes a good effective BA army right now that is capable of taking on a wide variety of opponents and tactics...

"Cake for the cake god!"
I just don't believe Assault is strong enough to win any thing sadly. mass shooting armies are the future.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
If that's the case then manoeuvre is dead in 40k...

"Cake for the cake god!"
For me 40k is all about speed, board control and durability.

It's why the blob is so good, but luck at wraithwing as an example of how much fast durable combat units can do. Could you build a list around that concept of 2 characters outfront taking most of the punishment with a 2+/4+ save backed up my msu scoring units? I think you can, with 2 characters with a jump pack and 2+ save, the 30 fnp assault marines. Then you need fire power, so dev squads, storm ravens, press, dreads / anything that can bring the pain at range will do well.

Assault will never be dead. I would be taking 20 strong necron warrior squads else. No threat of losing my unit in one turn. Missing ATSKNF or fearless makes sweeping advances very painful.

I am sure the hit and run deathstar will be around soon
Assault is still the best way to kill a lot of things, and take a position from the enemy, but shooting definitely got a boost this edition.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Assault is all about getting there. Thats why if I was using Blood Angels I would base my list around only assault marines that can assault when they arrive

How about Using them (forget what they are called) as well as putting assault marines with packs removed in storm ravens, topped up with dreadnoughts on the back.

Assault marines jumping across the table just wont reach imho.