Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DA list feedback
just ordered a darkshroud, will be awesome in my Ravenwing army Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yeah i've just built mine, a quite like it, and i was able to use the plasma cannons on an old landspeeder i have to make the vengeance too.

My ravenwing force is nearly done now i think.
Sammael
6 Black knights
12 ravenwing including some special weapon guys
2 attack bikes
2 land speeders
1 vengeance
1 dark shroud
1 of either flyer
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Looking good!

I have got:
Sammael (corvex or landspeeder)
24 Ravenwing bikes - 6 meltagun, 4 plasmagun, 2 flamers - working on magnetising arms
5 or 6 mm attack bikes - would like to magnetise these to swap for hb's
3 tml speeder - 1 with hb, 2 with mm
chaplain on bike
Dark Talon
and 1 darkshroud winging its way to me.

Most of this I got on ebay, apart from the new stuff. Assembling the metal corvex Sammael is a bit of a killer!

Still want to add a libby on bike, a techmarine on bike and 6 black knights.... Most of this needs painting as well, although I have one squad I have just completed.

Not sold on the Ravenwing command squad - only reason i can see is for the banner, and 3 bikes is too fragile for so many points.

I am going to look at using dualwing if I want to include a banner (dakka for mainly ravenwing force) and deepstriking the command squad and attached libby/belial turn 1 in range of 3 full ravenwing squads - that's 18 tl bolters firing 4 shots each between 12" and 24"....ouch)
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Quote:Assembling the metal corvex Sammael is a bit of a killer!
i tried, i gave up and bought the finecast version. it was awful.

Im after a libby on a bike to complete the basic force.

Quote:I am going to look at using dualwing if I want to include a banner (dakka for mainly ravenwing force) and deepstriking the command squad and attached libby/belial turn 1 in range of 3 full ravenwing squads - that's 18 tl bolters firing 4 shots each between 12" and 24"....ouch)
nasty tactic, i like it.

most of my stuff is ebay after i got the ravenwing battleforce off amazon for £50.

I think triwing is the way to go with Dark angels, there's just a good synergy.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Version.....I dont know 4? 5?

Belial

8 DW terminators 1 AC 1 TH/SS, 1 Chain Fist
5 DW terminators 1 Cyclone 1 TH/SS
6man Tac squad with Missile and Flakk
10man Tac squad with Plasma cannon

6 man Black knights squad - 1 grenade launcher, Melta bombs.

4 hyperios defence turrets
Land Raider Crusader - Multi Melta, Storm bolter

Total 1748

Or throw pretty much everything i have on the table.

Belial

8 DW terminators 1 AC 1 TH/SS, 1 Chain Fist
6man Tac squad with Lascannon
6man Tac squad with Missile and Flakk
6man Tac squad with Plasma cannon + Rhino

5 man Black knights squad - 1 grenade launcher, Melta bombs.
4 hyperios defence turrets

Land Raider Crusader - Multi Melta, Storm bolter
Contemptor Dreadnought - two Kheres assault cannons, cyclone

Total : 1749
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
The thing i would worry about in list 2 is you have 2 very expensive vehicles that can be one-shotted esp. if the opponent has any deep striking melta. So I prefer list 1, but have you thought about a techmarine with a power field generator giving the lRC a 4++ for 80 points? Might not fit into this list but i think the 4++ bubble extends from the hull of the vehicle so could potentially protect multiple vehicles ala old style KFF Mek (think bubble is only 3" though - haven't got codex with me).

Then again, I haven't tried landraiders yet and they might work great.
I can see that, sadly no tech marine and probably not enough time to get one and get it painted up.

I might give list one a try next Tuesday (or some variation) then i'll just have to go for it.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Had my first game with the new dark angels yesterday against nice Ben - thanks for the game Ben!

we were playing 2500pts (had to end the game at the end of turn 3). I took Double wing - here's the list:

Belial with 10 man termy squad with two cyclones
2 x 5 man DW squads with cyclone and lightning claws on the serge
DW command with SoFortitude, 4th+ss and an assault cannon
Sammael (corvex)
6man Ravenwing squad with dual melta, meltabombs, power sword and vet serge, attack bike with mm
6man Ravenwing squad with dual melta and meltabombs, attack bike with mm
6 man Ravenwing squad with dual plasma, meltabombs
Darkshroud

List worked pretty well, but i feel it depends on getting first turn which i luckily did this time. All the Ravenwing deploy on the table and scout forward, the Termies deepstrike onto homers turn 1 except belials squad who can go anywhere, with the fNP banner in the middle (12" range). Good alpha strike, not the shootiest list ever but I think it took out a 5man marine squad, a devilfish, which exploded wiping half a pathfinder squad and half a kroot squad, plus one crisis battlesuit in turn 1, but the best bit is being right up in the opponents face straight away with all those termies.

The FNP banner was brilliant, well worth 85points, at least at this points level.

The darkshroud got shot turn 1 - even with a 2+ cover save it only takes a roll of a one and it's still paper thin...but then again it's cheap at 80pts, don't know if it is worth it yet.

the bikes were great - good mobility, good firepower support for the termies and now sammael can join a unit he is much better, giving one RW squad fearless and he can benefit from loS - not that great in combat since he is still only S4 even though his sword is ap2, but did the job against Tau and his plasma cannon is great.

The new twin-linked thing on the deepstrike that the termies have gained is a nice buff but not game-changing, what is is the fact they all come down turn 1 together - massive!

going to remodel belial with lightning claws and storm bolter/Sword option - now he has an iron halo not sure the thammer is worth it even though it is S8.

last thought - felt the lack of storm shields on the termies a bit, but the Fnp banner mitigated it somewhat vs plasma, but against S8+ Ap1/2 they don't get fNp so can drop quicker than I am used to, so we have gained alpha strike but are then a bit less durable.
(13-02-2013, 10:35 AM)Simian Wrote: I can see that, sadly no tech marine and probably not enough time to get one and get it painted up.

I might give list one a try next Tuesday (or some variation) then i'll just have to go for it.

i have a painted one you can borrow if you like
(13-02-2013, 10:45 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(13-02-2013, 10:35 AM)Simian Wrote: I can see that, sadly no tech marine and probably not enough time to get one and get it painted up.

i have a painted one you can borrow if you like

Thanks for the offer but i think i'll stick with what i have.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss