Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DA list feedback
Joining Embolden in the request for feedback. im planning my list for the birmingham tournament in feb.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. im still 20pts under but im sure i can spend them somewhere...

+++ Dark angels 1750 (1730pts) +++
+++ 1750pt Dark Angels 6th Edition (2007) Roster (Primary Detachment)) +++
Selections:
Dark Angels 6th Edition (2007) (Primary Detachment) Selections:
+ HQ + (275pts)
* Belial - Master of The Deathwing (130pts)
Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

* Librarian (145pts)
* Force Weapon
Power Axe
* Terminator Armour
Storm Bolter

+ Troops + (1020pts)

* Belial's Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (290pts)
* 4 Deathwing Terminators
Storm Bolter and Power Fist, 2x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, Twin Lightning Claws
* Cyclone Missile Launcher
Frag and Krak Missile
* Deathwing Sergeant
Pair of Lightning Claws
* Upgrade to Deathwing Command Squad
Deathwing Apothecary Upgrade, Deathwing Company Banner Upgrade

* Belial's Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (235pts)
3x Storm Bolter and Power Fist, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
Frag and Krak Missile
* Deathwing Sergeant
Storm Bolter and Power Sword

* Belial's Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (235pts)
3x Storm Bolter and Power Fist, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
Frag and Krak Missile
* Deathwing Sergeant
Storm Bolter and Power Sword

* Tactical Squad (260pts)
Drop Pod , Frag and Krak Grenades
* 9 Tactical Marines
9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, Plasma Cannon, Plasmagun
* Veteran Sergeant
Chainsword, Plasma Pistol

+ Heavy Support + (435pts)
* Contemptor Dreadnought (215pts)
Two Kheres Assault Cannons
Cyclone Missile Launcher
* Contemptor Dreadnought (220pts)
Two Twin-linked LasCannons
Cyclone Missile Launcher
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Are you allowed to field Imperial Armour/Forgeworld stuff at the tournament then? Usually most tournaments ban them.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Yes approved FW is allowed according to the Rules Pack.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Oh cool, that makes a nice change!
I Assume by the twin weapon load outs your taking Mortis Contemptors as dual anti-tank/flyer units?(well kheres are awesome against infantry as well)
Whats the general tactical idea?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
yes the Mortis contemptors are there for anti flyer (or as you say anti infantry with the kheres) the kheres will probably advance to get in range for the assault cannons the las cannon will sit back and hold (keeping its skyfire and interceptor)

apart from that, its take advantage of DW assault with Belials squad in reserve along with the Tac squad. drop pod/ teleport in turn 1. other two DW squads advance / hold objectives, staying close enough together to support each other if possible. Libby is with one of the non command DW squads, taking divination.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
I would swap the power sword sergeants for th+ss sergeants, don't think the power sword is that great - either go tlc or th+ss instead, personally i would go ss for survivability. I like the 3sb in a squad, gives a bit more anti-horde and the survivability does not drop that much from a fully th=ss squad.

I don't think our drop pods come in auto on turn 1, unless this has been FAQ'd and I've missed it? Not sure the libby is worth it either, divination won't help that much with ranged shooting as you have few shots, and in combat you will munch most things anyway.

You could consider an allied SM Codex Term. Libby with null zone and gate of infinity and combi-melta/plasma (135pts) with the tac squad being the troop choice. Then you get the turn 1 drop pod for cheaper, a combi-wepon on the serge instead of the pistol (which prob won't fire more than once anyway, and a few points left over. The Libby is battle brothers with the Deathwing so can attach and participate in DW assaults, plus opportuinity to redeploy with gate of infinity and null zone for wraiths/daemons/th+ss termies.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I like it. course that does mean i need another drop pod and Tac squad otherwise its all the wrong colours Wink

fair point on the power Swords.

not sure about DA Drop pods being turn one, i just had one used against me and assumed the DA ones were the same....

course this could all change come the New codex...

Edit - Thinking about it i think i'd prefer not to use allies if i can. so maybe drop the libby and the drop pod. keep the tac marines back, DWA 2 of the three DW squads (the third remaining in reserves) and maybe take a ravenwing squad? so they can run screening for the contemptors and use their teleport homers for a more accurate drop.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Yeah pretty sure our drop pods go as normal reserves, just like our speeders can't deepstrike (apart from sammies)

Ravenwing bikes can be game-winners, esp if you get first turn and drop 2 DW squads on one flank with pinpoint accuracySmile . They are very vulnerable though so if I don't get first turn I usually outflank them (relearnt this the hard way against Rob on Tuesday!).

if you don't want allies I think it's a good idea to drop the libby and drop pod. The tac marines stay back to defend the objective freeing up the three DW squads to push forward, which is what they do best! Just bear in mind you can't reserve all 3 DW squads, Belial and the bike squad unless you put 5 other units on the board, so you may need to only DWA one squad if you go second and reserve the bikes. Course you could just try and hide the bikes...

What weapon load out are you thinking on the bikes? I've been running double flamer, but they are only good against certainn enemies, not great against MEQ, where plasma would be better. Can't go wrong with melta though if they are outflanking.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'll be honest i've never run them with anything. I've played a really small amount of games since 2nd ed and only recently got back into 40k.

all of these seem good suggestions so i'll have a think and go from there.

I suspect a squad of 6 ravenwing, blitzing up the flank if i have first turn and pinpoint accuracy drop. (seems like a plan.) then hope the third squad comes in on turn two.

50% of your units can go into reserves right? so Belial, 3 terminator squads is four, keeping ravenwing, 2 contemptors and the tac squad on the field to balance.

if not first turn then dwa 1 unit (probably belials) and march the rest up. use the bikes as a screen and use them to take the overwatch shots if needed. maybe 2 squads of three would be better...
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
I would go one squad of 3 and an attack bike personally, gives you two units and two separate teleport homers, with two meltaguns it's 190pts or two flamers and a meltabomb it's 185pts so not too pricey. I guess the load-out depends on what you think your list needs. The extra 100pts for 3 extra bikes with just tl bolters is a bit steep and can usually be spent better elsewhere, but would make it harder to destroy them in one turn of shooting. You can also try and hide the attack bike until turn 5 and try for a sneaky linebreaker if your termy squads have died or are not in your opponents deployment zone.

Your plan sounds good, all dependent on the enemy, terrain, mission and whether you get first turn etc, interested to see how the contemptors do cos I've not used them. Good luck!