Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DA list feedback
A couple of options....all thoughts appreciated.

Belial
Libby in Terminator armour Lvl2

6 DW terminators 1 AC 1 TH/SS
6 DW terminators 1 Cyclone 1 TH/SS
7man Tac squad with Missile and Flakk
7man Tac squad with Plasma cannon

5 man Black knights squad - 1 grenade launcher.

Contemptor Dreadnought with kheres assault cannons
Contemptor Dreadnought with lascannons and cyclone

Or

Belial
Libby in Terminator armour Lvl2

10 DW terminators 1 AC 2 TH/SS 1 cyclone
5 DW terminators 1 Cyclone 1 TH/SS
10man Tac squad with Missile and Flakk + Flamer
10man Tac squad with Plasma cannon + plasma gun

5 man Black knights squad - 1 grenade launcher.

4 hyperios defence turrets
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
What's the libby there for? not sure how he is adding to the list. Points could be better spent elsewhere imo, maybe on a ravenwing melta squad cos you can only deal with av14 in combat at the mo.

i prefer list 2 but that's because I think the contemptors will get wasted, even with their 5++ save.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Libby is there to keep the rerolls coming on the big squad of terminators after the initial drop but i take your point.

dropping him would mean i could add a ravenwing squad with some melta i think. i'll have a look. they wouldn't be scoring though.

Edit - ok, i can do a 5 man ravenwing squad with 1 melta or a 4 man with 2 and have 18 points left to spend
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Belial

9man Tac squad with Missile and Flakk
10man Tac squad with Plasma cannon

5 man Black knights squad - 1 grenade launcher + melta bombs
5 man Ravenwing squad - 2 melta guns

I can split the 10 man Deathwing squad if i decide to have 5 troops but i do like having that 10 man beat stick.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
i like that better. Not sure if the deathwing can combat squad? shame to lose the plasma gun on the bigger tac squad - could you make enough points by dropping to 8 marines in the first tac?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
dropping to 8 would give me enough points,

I didn't mean combat squadding the 10 man deathwing, i actually meant taking two squads of five instead.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Oh OK, yeah I've not tried a 10man DW squad yet so don't know if that's better than 2 5 man or not.
after much list crafting last night i got this down to two...

One
Balanced list with plenty of options. bang on 1746
Belial

8man Tac squad with Missile and Flakk
10man Tac squad with Plasma cannon + plasma Gun

5 man Black knights squad - 1 grenade launcher + melta bombs
5 man Ravenwing squad - 2 melta guns

Two
Slightly tougher but with less bodies on the ground. (14 points short)

Belial

7 DW terminators 1 AC 1 TH/SS 1 CF
7 DW terminators 1 AC 1 TH/SS 1 CF
5 DW terminators 1 CML 1 TH/SS 1 CF
5 DW terminators 1 CML 1 TH/SS 1 CF

Contemptor 2 TL-Las CML
Hyperios missile battery x 4

(drop the two 7 man squads in via DWA other two go on the table)
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
first list has bikes. End of discussion Smile

Seriously, I think the bikes lend much more to the force than the contemptor. Have heard good things about the grenade launcher since it drops T by one when it hits something and this affects instant death...ID'ing paladins with plasma Smile

The first list can also potentially have 5 scoring units if you draw the scouring mission. The bikes can contest objectives if they are still around late game etc.
Im inclined to agree. I'll give it a test next Tuesday.

I do like bikes. shame i cant get a dark shroud into the list (would need to find 80 more points) as the bonus to the jink cover save would be useful.

3 Black knights and 4 missile batterys (i undercoated my kitbashed ones last night) to paint then.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss