Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DA list feedback
Oh and the way the drop works is you get the scout move of 12" before the roll for seizing, then the DWA hgappens, so unfortunately you don't get to move the bikes in your first turn before the Deathwing arrive. However this does mean the Deathwing can get almost 20" across the board before they shoot/run, and the bikes are then free to move off and hide or try and kill something before they die!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
20 inches across the board is still a hell of a good start for the terminators! and it means they're not out of support range of the rest of the army.
like the idea of using the attack bike too, extra teleport homer and a bit more fire power from a melta on the front. cheers for the suggestions. i've gone for one melta and 1 flamer but i'll probably magnetise the options so i can do two flamers or two meltas on the bikes when i see how they work.

revised list: 1750pts bang on.

+ HQ + (130pts)
* Belial - Master of The Deathwing (130pts)
Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
+ Troops + (970pts)
* Belial's Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (290pts)
* 4 Deathwing Terminators
Storm Bolter and Power Fist, 2x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, Twin Lightning Claws
* Cyclone Missile Launcher
Frag and Krak Missile
* Deathwing Sergeant
* Upgrade to Deathwing Command Squad
Deathwing Apothecary Upgrade , Deathwing Company Banner Upgrade
* Belial's Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (235pts)
3x Storm Bolter and Power Fist, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
Frag and Krak Missile
* Deathwing Sergeant
* Belial's Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (235pts)
3x Storm Bolter and Power Fist, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
Frag and Krak Missile
* Deathwing Sergeant
* Tactical Squad (210pts)
Frag and Krak Grenades
* 9 Tactical Marines
9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, Meltagun, Plasma Cannon
* Veteran Sergeant
Chainsword, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol

+ Fast Attack + (215pts)
* Ravenwing Attack Squadron (215pts)
* 2 Ravenwing Bikers
2x Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades, Meltagun, Flamer
* Ravenwing Attack Bike
Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades, Multi Melta
* Ravenwing Sergeant
Frag and Krak Grenades, Plasma Pistol , Power Weapon

+ Heavy Support + (435pts)
* Contemptor Dreadnought (215pts)
Two Kheres Assault Cannons
Cyclone Missile Launcher
* Contemptor Dreadnought (220pts)
Two Twin-linked LasCannons
Cyclone Missile Launcher
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Oh and i've found the contemptors in the games i've had so far with them have worked brilliantly.
the kheres assault cannons are lethal and the twin lascannons scare enemy flyers, especially with 2 which hit on 2s and are twin linked....and then you have the cyclone to deal with too.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Maybe I've got an idea for the Christmas present then...(goes off and checks forgeworld wesite)!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'd wait for new codex as i hear your mortis dreadnoughts will be able to take skyfire and interceptor through an upgrade. Cheaper in both money and points! (though a Kheres mortis contemptor is always fun, 12 Assualt cannon shots a turn. Cool )
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah maybe I'll hold off then and just convert the three dreads I have got when the new codex comes out...

Thanks for stopping me buying new models Vince. I mean that both sarcastically and honestly at the same time!
that could make things interesting.

I still love my two contemptor dreadnoughts though. amazing models.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
(07-12-2012, 12:53 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Yeah maybe I'll hold off then and just convert the three dreads I have got when the new codex comes out...

Thanks for stopping me buying new models Vince. I mean that both sarcastically and honestly at the same time!

or you could go for the FW "deal" of a squad of three contemptors and grab some extra weapon arms.

feed the plastic(resin) crack habit.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Right so, i've been poring over the new book this morning (and most of the afternoon and i've put together a rough list. any thoughts would be appreciated.

HQ
Belial - With knights
Ezekiel - With Tac squad on Quad gun

Elites
6 Deathwing Knights

Troops
7 tac marines - Plasma Cannon
7 tac marines - Missile Launcher + flak missiles
6 deathwing terminators - TH/SS - Cyclone
6 deathwing terminators - TH/SS - Assault cannon

Heavy support
Contemptor Dreadnought - Kheres Assault cannon - Cyclone

Fortification
Aegis Defence Line - Quad Gun

Thoughts?

Rough plan is first turn drop the Knights and all deathwing, zek keeps the divination powers going on the Ranged backfield holders (contemptor and missile tac squad that he's joined with) other tac squad will be behind the aegis too. then its just deathwing smash
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss