Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaos Codex
There seems to be a lot of customisation with different Marks and things, and quite a lot of wargear options for every unit. Taking a HQ choice with the right Mark also turns lots of Elite options into Troops. For example, take the Mark of Khorne on your Lord and Berzerkers become Troops, take the Mark of Nurgle and Plague Marines become Troops etc etc. I think that the Raptors/Warp Talons are great looking, so i'm going to try and take 10 of each. Thousand Sons marines look tempting too, 4+ invul save and AP3 Bolters. They are a bit pricey, but become Troops if i take a Sorceror with a Mark of Tzeentch. Dissapointed in the Helbrute overall, he is basically just a Dreadnaught that has a chance to go insane when you shoot him, but at least he can get a decent selection of weapons.
(13-10-2012, 04:19 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: I missed the mark on a lord allowing berserkers as troops, thought they'd removed it. May have to have a closer look to check my army still works then Smile

Yeah, if you take Kharn too it makes them Troops. Also i think Helbrutes have pretty much the same weapon options that Dreads used to get, as they can still have 2 power fists. I thought you mentioned on tuesday how you thought that they couldn't have that anymore. All in all i think you could still easilly take a World Eaters force. Berzerkers as Troops, Maulerfiends as Heavy Support and fill up all your Elites slots with Helbrutes/Dreads Big Grin
Aight, what do people think is better on a Heldrake, the Baleflamer or the Hades Autocannon? The flamer is Strength 6 AP 3, with the Soul Blaze and Torrent rules, so it has a range of 12" + the flame template. The Hades Autocannon has a 36" range, Strength 8 and AP 4 with 4 shots at BS 3 with the Pinning special rule. Tempted to go with the auto cannon, but the simple fact of the BS 3 makes me wonder how many hits it will actually land with my rolling though. Also not sure on whether to take a Maulerfiend or a Forgefiend. My planned force has little firepower so the Forgefiend would be a great help there, but it's 175 points for 2 BS3 Hades Autocannons, which seems a little expensive. Or they can be swapped out for Strength 8 Plasma Cannons, with a 24" range. The Maulerfiend is only 125 points, it moves as a Beast and has the fleet and ignore difficult terrain special rules, and it gets 3 Strength 10 attacks base, with between 1 and 2 bonus Strength 8 AP 1 hits with the Armourbane rule depending on how many attacks i landed in melee, and those hits are automatic hits, no rolling for weapon skill needed. So it can land up to 6 attacks in close combat per turn.
I'd favour the AC but if you magenetize the weapons you can swap them out?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(14-10-2012, 11:20 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I'd favour the AC but if you magenetize the weapons you can swap them out?

For the Heldrake the weapon is actually inside its mouth, might be tricky. I'm not fussed, i tend to proxy if i have to anyway.
Depends how much anti-light vehicle firepower you have in the rest of the list. I would say if you have little go with the autocannon, its decent for anti-air as well. Like you say at the club you can always proxy so you can try both out.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(14-10-2012, 12:38 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Depends how much anti-light vehicle firepower you have in the rest of the list. I would say if you have little go with the autocannon, its decent for anti-air as well. Like you say at the club you can always proxy so you can try both out.

My thoughts pretty much, the force i want to take is pretty short on firepower. Trying to find some cheap ways to improve it using the models i already have, so might end up taking a Forgefiend and a Helbrute if i can find points for them. Did a quick tally last night, i ended up at 1,719 and all i could think was "I havn't even added the Helbrutes yet, or my Sorceror, or my Terminators......" Might have to take that as a sign and drop the Warp Talons down to 5 models, and only take one unit of Chosen.
Anyone manage to get hold of a PDF copy yet Wink if so could you PM me Big Grin

(14-10-2012, 05:40 PM)Embolden Wrote: Anyone manage to get hold of a PDF copy yet Wink if so could you PM me Big Grin

Ditto..I have stuff for exchange..probably whatever you need Wink
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
Me Three.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Perfect, thanks dude
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"