Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaos Codex
So I don't currently have a copy in my hands, but what are peoples first impressions, I've had a brief look online and it's getting a mixed reception.

People seem to be talking up Nurgle Bikers as they're T6 until the first FAQ comes out, Cultists for cheep units flooding the table and Beserkers being reduced in attacks...

But what are your first impressions, anything I need to look out for?

Well for me the codex has completely put me off playing 40k now, i liked to play my worldeaters as a theme force and now i seem to be penalised for doing so, Some of the new stuff i've seen are pretty cool for a pure chaos themed list, but just doesnt fit my style of play, and i'm also bitter about all the dedicated worldeater things i've bought not doing a damn thing Sad
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

how bad are the changes to korne stuff? would of tought they needed a buff since assult infantry isnt as good this edition
(09-10-2012, 04:33 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: Well for me the codex has completely put me off playing 40k now, i liked to play my worldeaters as a theme force and now i seem to be penalised for doing so, Some of the new stuff i've seen are pretty cool for a pure chaos themed list, but just doesnt fit my style of play, and i'm also bitter about all the dedicated worldeater things i've bought not doing a damn thing Sad

Really, wow, I don't no anything about the type of list Worldeaters play, I believe it's Khorne?

Personaly, I would give it time before giving it up completly, but that's just me and 40k is the sole game I play. Even if one of my Armies is outdated and the other got hit REALLY bad.

(09-10-2012, 04:57 PM)sprogmcjob Wrote: how bad are the changes to korne stuff? would of tought they needed a buff since assult infantry isnt as good this edition

I have to agree, the Beserkers I've been reduced by 1 attack, but have gained Rage and Counter Attack I believe? Which are pretty handy.

I have had a flick through. Mainly from an angle of how do i deal with this and allies potential

I think it looks good balance wise. The flyer will mess me and alot of other armies up. You can put marks on most things to talior your lists. Also the wargear and artifacts are cool. Not sure what will work yet. It is expensive to take a themed list now. Themed lists tend to not be as competitive. Obliterators I like the look of with a Mark to make them T5. The close combat mutilators are a bit rubbish and doubt we will see them on the table. Cheap Pykers and cult spam IG style. All the rules for hating marines I think is ace as I am not one. They will play well at lower points levels with cheap HQ's and troops. As for higher points I am sure all the new toys will wreck face. Spawn look good too.

A dex and can go hord or elite's. Great can't wait to see it on the table.
Ugh, still waiting for my copy to be delivered ;_;
It arrived finally! (Insert crazed laughter here)!!!11one!!eleven
(09-10-2012, 04:33 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: Well for me the codex has completely put me off playing 40k now, i liked to play my worldeaters as a theme force and now i seem to be penalised for doing so, Some of the new stuff i've seen are pretty cool for a pure chaos themed list, but just doesnt fit my style of play, and i'm also bitter about all the dedicated worldeater things i've bought not doing a damn thing Sad

You know if you take a Chaos Lord with the Mark of Khorne, Berserkers become Troops?
Had a flip through and i'm left feeling massively dissapointed.....too many units i want to have, not enough space in the Force Organisation slots.
That's true of all the new codexes though and is just because there are so many nice units to try out surely? The flip side is that you can create multiple decent lists that can work so that not all chaos/necron/grey knight etc lists look the same.
btw I haven't seen the codex so it could be a pile of, erm, rubbish for all i know!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I missed the mark on a lord allowing berserkers as troops, thought they'd removed it. May have to have a closer look to check my army still works then Smile
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus