Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k Club Elimination tournament - Semi Final Draw Page15
Great game Rob, I made a few errors and you played well for a deserved win. The Deathwing have been pummelled into a bloody pulp and Belial and the survivors have retreated back to the Rock. Belial probably doing his nails like he did most of that game!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
and thanks to my Rob for taking it so well! Looking forward to the final now - Grey knights are the worst army for my boys so it should be interesting
(05-12-2012, 12:07 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Great game Rob, I made a few errors and you played well for a deserved win. The Deathwing have been pummelled into a bloody pulp and Belial and the survivors have retreated back to the Rock. Belial probably doing his nails like he did most of that game!

Likewise mate, it came down to a dice roll in the end and well, I got pretty lucky! I'm not sure what Belial was doing, but he certainly wasn't leading from the front! I think if he had turned up turn2 or 3 it would have been a different story!

Thanks for a great game and I'm looking forward to a rematch soon!

(05-12-2012, 01:33 AM)The Count Wrote: and thanks to my Rob for taking it so well! Looking forward to the final now - Grey knights are the worst army for my boys so it should be interesting

Shame I'm not taking Grey Knight then, they're all SW Grey Hunters, I'd love a few of Warp Quakes! It will be interesting to see if I can stop/resist the alpha strike of doom! What was it, 160 shots your army has!?

Looking forward to the final!

Just to confirm, we're playing next week?

Taking it is what I did. Hell of a list dude. Well played too. I do want to meet it again though. Glutton for punishment me.
Yes next week it is. Think I might even dry brush the hive tyrants in preparation. We all know figures play better when properly painted!
(05-12-2012, 06:32 PM)The Count Wrote: Yes next week it is. Think I might even dry brush the hive tyrants in preparation. We all know figures play better when properly painted!

Hey matt, sorry just realised

Rune Priest – Jaws, Storm Caller, Psyker Level2, Wolf Tail Talisman – 155
Rune Priest – Jaws, Tempest’s Wrath, Psyker Level2 – 150
Wolf Priest – Saga of the Hunter, Power Axe - 110
Primaris Psyker – Force Axe – 70
Lone Wolf - Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Shield – 85
Lone Wolf - Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Shield – 85
Infantry Platoon:
Platoon Command – 30
Platoon Squad – Flamer, Power Axe – 65
Platoon Squad – Power Axe – 60
Platoon Squad – 50
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Plasmaguns, Mark of Wulfen – 175
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Plasmaguns, Mark of Wulfen – 175
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Meltaguns, Mark of Wulfen – 170
5 Grey Hunters - Flamer – 75
5 Long Fangs - 4 Missiles – 115
Aegis Defense Line – 50
Total: 1750pts

Smile

Slight amendment to mine - under 50pts

Hive Tyrant - dropped regen (never once remembered it anyway)
Hive Tyrant
Tervigon - now with adrenal glands, toxin sacs, crushing claws
Tervigon, toxin sacs
leaper
Doom
2 x 20 boys in Pods

Bring it on!! I suspect jaws will decide this one!Undecided
Ah, my changes are also 50pts exactly.

It might be the first time I actually keep the codex powers! haha!

Either way I think it's gonna be bloody.

Well I would just like to say a few words........

'[undefined=undefined]Death Leaper for the win!!![/undefined]'Big Grin

Thanks Rob - close game throughout!

Couple of people have asked, so here is the full list

Hive Tyrant HQ with 2 x t/l brain leech worm devourers, hive commander and old adversary

Hive Tyrant as above but no Hive Commander

Tervigon with catalyst, crushing claws, adrenal glands, toxin sacs

Tervigon with catalyst and toxin sacs.

20 Termagaunts in Mycetic spore with Devourers.

20 Termagaunts in Mycetic spore with Devourers.

Doooooooom in Mycetic Spore

Death Leaper (for the win)

Tactica -

This is for 8 out of 10 games. Deploy the two Tervigons in cover and all else in reserve. Everything arrives turn 2 on a 2+ - plan is to get first blood, shooting down any enemy flyers with the tyrants first. Then take it from there. The army puts out 24 t/l S6 shots, 120 S4 shots, up to 18 S6 shots from the spores and Doom, plus bits and bobs. Thats 160 odd shots, re rolling 1's to hit and wound if you are careful.

Oh and swap all powers for Biomancy - no thought required! (Only possibility is rear guard Tervigon keeps catalyst)

Keep Death leaper alive for line breaker insurance and there you have it.

One more tourney before retirement!
Well done on the win Matt, truly deserved, with a well thought out army and very good tactics! Congratulations!