Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k Club Elimination tournament - Semi Final Draw Page15
Back from 1850pt tourney in Belfast and the Hive Mind is buzzing. In 5 games the boys racked up 9 Vendettas and 3 Night Scythes - mind you the eventual comp winner used Necrons and beat me - so this is gonna be close!
Wow, where did you come Matt?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(03-12-2012, 10:34 AM)The Count Wrote: Back from 1850pt tourney in Belfast and the Hive Mind is buzzing. In 5 games the boys racked up 9 Vendettas and 3 Night Scythes - mind you the eventual comp winner used Necrons and beat me - so this is gonna be close!

Impressive stuff mate! Like Chris said, where did you finish?

Second. 20-0, 19-1, 17-3, 9-11 and 19-1 so no complaints! Actually the winner was using Nids and Grey Knights. Poxy Justicar Thorn died four times but came back every time, eventually claiming an objective to win the game! Pure Necrons was my last game versus my team NI captain and how I beat it shall remain a mystery until after tomorrow!

This club tourney and one more event then the Nids get retired from competition.
Clarification - the winner was using NECRONS and Grey Knights of course!
Impressive stuff, I've been listening to the 40kuk podcast and they have nothing but good things to say about the Nid build.

How come the nids are retiring?

Simple. Historically I found it difficult to use the same army for two comps in a row. Promised I would stick to one army per season per rules set. Season ran March - March. Battlefield Brum is in Feb - though thinking about it I will use them in the GT finals in May as well I guess. I enjoy painting so then its on to new projects.

I want to start some fantasy (Beastmen) and in 40k I want to paint the Grey knights I bought ages ago but havent painted or used.

'The challenge' of painting and learning new armies is most important to me. (Though I havent actually finished the Nids yet!)

(04-12-2012, 07:22 AM)Embolden Wrote: Impressive stuff, I've been listening to the 40kuk podcast and they have nothing but good things to say about the Nid build.

How come the nids are retiring?
Awesome stuff mate, I'm doing the same, but for 2 years, but I'm yet to settle on a single list that I can focus all my time and effort into.

Congrats on getting to the final! I look forward to entering next year! Smile

Just waiting for the misses to get back from work before I set off rob - looks like she is running a bit late so if you could grab us a table and set up would be much appreciated.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(04-12-2012, 07:48 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Just waiting for the misses to get back from work before I set off rob - looks like she is running a bit late so if you could grab us a table and set up would be much appreciated.

Hey mate,

I'm still waiting for vince.... lol

So would someone reserve a table for us both! Tongue