Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
how out of date am I? - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer Fantasy / Age of Sigmar (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: how out of date am I? (/showthread.php?tid=364)

Pages: 1 2

how out of date am I? - Noisysteve - 18-08-2011

ok, I've just dug out my Bretonnian Army, most unpainted, never used, Army book form 1996, is it all still revelent? what can't i have, whats new? do I really need to shell out on a new book?

RE: how out of date am I? - Gareth - 18-08-2011

At that date I think you are looking at the 5th Ed book. If it doesn't have Pegasus Knights in it, there is a later book available. However I wouldn't buy a new brand new copy, as I expect a new version in under 12 months. eBay would be advisable, but I have a copy somewhere you can look borrow. Somewhere big tidy up last weekend, and a few books including one I want to read, are hiding ATM.

RE: how out of date am I? - sprogmcjob - 18-08-2011

i got a bretonian book u can have (to burrow) was gonna start up with them then got dwarfs saves u money particiularly if the rumors are true that a new edition is coming out for them this just gets u by for the mean time Smile

RE: how out of date am I? - Etched Oracle - 18-08-2011

The latest Bretonnian book is circa 2001 so it's quite out of date. As Gareth said, hopefully a new book will be released for them in the next 12 months and I really do hope so as this is the army I'd like to play.

RE: how out of date am I? - Noisysteve - 19-08-2011

I did notice that there is now a trebuchet, all though the book i got stops the Bretonnians having any war engines. I've mainly got an empire army, just needs reassembleing and repainting,but i gues they have changed too!! Would love a look see at the newer army book, thankyou

RE: how out of date am I? - Noisysteve - 24-08-2011

Now managed to put together 1500 pts Army, full of archers, just need more Knights, hopefully ebay will oblige !!

RE: how out of date am I? - sprogmcjob - 24-08-2011

in a 2000pt army you will want 5 blocks of cav in lance formation (min of 9 in each) and a unit of pegasus kinghts then its all your choice really heores and lords peasents or more kinghts etc etc but thats what i found when looking into playing them on a competivie level

RE: how out of date am I? - Noisysteve - 26-08-2011

Gonna try and get the enemy wet in my arrow storm

RE: how out of date am I? - Noisysteve - 09-09-2011

ok got more knights now, all praise the Lord of ebay, just gonna use Knights and archers, very olde English!! No magic, because thats just not sporting!!

RE: how out of date am I? - Gareth - 10-09-2011

It may not be sporting, but it us wise. By the way with the changes to guess ranges (you technically still guess, but are allowed to measure to a point before you guess,) Trebs. are amazing. More so than your standard stone thrower, as the Treb. on average hits harder.