Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how out of date am I?
ok, I've just dug out my Bretonnian Army, most unpainted, never used, Army book form 1996, is it all still revelent? what can't i have, whats new? do I really need to shell out on a new book?
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
At that date I think you are looking at the 5th Ed book. If it doesn't have Pegasus Knights in it, there is a later book available. However I wouldn't buy a new brand new copy, as I expect a new version in under 12 months. eBay would be advisable, but I have a copy somewhere you can look borrow. Somewhere big tidy up last weekend, and a few books including one I want to read, are hiding ATM.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
i got a bretonian book u can have (to burrow) was gonna start up with them then got dwarfs saves u money particiularly if the rumors are true that a new edition is coming out for them this just gets u by for the mean time Smile
The latest Bretonnian book is circa 2001 so it's quite out of date. As Gareth said, hopefully a new book will be released for them in the next 12 months and I really do hope so as this is the army I'd like to play.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
I did notice that there is now a trebuchet, all though the book i got stops the Bretonnians having any war engines. I've mainly got an empire army, just needs reassembleing and repainting,but i gues they have changed too!! Would love a look see at the newer army book, thankyou
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
Now managed to put together 1500 pts Army, full of archers, just need more Knights, hopefully ebay will oblige !!
Malifaux - Gremlins
in a 2000pt army you will want 5 blocks of cav in lance formation (min of 9 in each) and a unit of pegasus kinghts then its all your choice really heores and lords peasents or more kinghts etc etc but thats what i found when looking into playing them on a competivie level
Gonna try and get the enemy wet in my arrow storm
Malifaux - Gremlins
ok got more knights now, all praise the Lord of ebay, just gonna use Knights and archers, very olde English!! No magic, because thats just not sporting!!
Malifaux - Gremlins
It may not be sporting, but it us wise. By the way with the changes to guess ranges (you technically still guess, but are allowed to measure to a point before you guess,) Trebs. are amazing. More so than your standard stone thrower, as the Treb. on average hits harder.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen