Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Red War Weekender - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Society (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Club Matters (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Red War Weekender (/showthread.php?tid=303)

Red War Weekender - Stuart - 03-08-2011

Well not so much a whole weekender, more just perhaps a single day one weekend...

There was a bit more discussion last night about the possibility of hiring the (or another) hall for a whole day one weekend. This would allow the Warmachiners to either stage a large game, or alternatively kick off the league with a day of fixtures.

We could also have a 40K Apocalypse game running alongside this for those interested, or even run a 40K tournament.

If there is sufficient interest we can look into costs and logistics etc., so post below if this sounds like a good idea and something you'd be interested in participating in.

RE: Red War Weekender - Dark Wolf - 03-08-2011

sounds great!!! would love to do a big battle of somthing or a load of fixtures

RE: Red War Weekender - stygmatyr - 03-08-2011

Count me in, I could readily be available as a judge for warmahordes, or play a large battle against someone

RE: Red War Weekender - Gareth - 03-08-2011

Personal point of view Saturday until about 2pm I am usually not free. Sunday though not an issue. I also had a few thoughts on this today, that I will pass onto J & S next week.

RE: Red War Weekender - Luke the Squig - 03-08-2011

I'd really enjoy something like that. I wouldn't be able to have a large game of WARMACHINE, but I could have a couple for the league perhaps, so long as it doesn't interfere with the large game.

RE: Red War Weekender - manrogue - 03-08-2011

Yep, i'm definately up the apocalypse battle or 40k tournament and would be happy to run or help run either.

RE: Red War Weekender - seanbate - 03-08-2011

I would also be interested

RE: Red War Weekender - Etched Oracle - 03-08-2011

Do I get no direct credit for this idea? Heh I jest Big Grin

My thoughts are as following; A league, played on a week by week basis with only 1 weeks break could take us in to the far reaches of next year which is quite a long time for the same league. So instead we could do an Opening and Closing day whereby we play for example 3 of the games, that would total over a month off the league's length without reducing the quality.

As per avaliability we could run it on a Saturday or Sunday, either is fine with me. With a time slot of say 2 hours a game so there's no rush and half hour breaks, that makes for an 8 hour day. It could run from midday till 8pm and people could play 1, 2 or 3 games for the league and if the player numbers don't match up then I'm sure there will be opponents available for fun games.

Of course a 40k Apocalypse game could be run on the same day, as I know you can sometimes need a whole day for those mammoth battles!

RE: Red War Weekender - Stuart - 03-08-2011

Did I mention that kick-starting the Warmachine league this way was Simon's idea?

Wink