Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red War Weekender
Well not so much a whole weekender, more just perhaps a single day one weekend...

There was a bit more discussion last night about the possibility of hiring the (or another) hall for a whole day one weekend. This would allow the Warmachiners to either stage a large game, or alternatively kick off the league with a day of fixtures.

We could also have a 40K Apocalypse game running alongside this for those interested, or even run a 40K tournament.

If there is sufficient interest we can look into costs and logistics etc., so post below if this sounds like a good idea and something you'd be interested in participating in.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
sounds great!!! would love to do a big battle of somthing or a load of fixtures
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Count me in, I could readily be available as a judge for warmahordes, or play a large battle against someone
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Personal point of view Saturday until about 2pm I am usually not free. Sunday though not an issue. I also had a few thoughts on this today, that I will pass onto J & S next week.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'd really enjoy something like that. I wouldn't be able to have a large game of WARMACHINE, but I could have a couple for the league perhaps, so long as it doesn't interfere with the large game.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Yep, i'm definately up the apocalypse battle or 40k tournament and would be happy to run or help run either.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I would also be interested
Do I get no direct credit for this idea? Heh I jest Big Grin

My thoughts are as following; A league, played on a week by week basis with only 1 weeks break could take us in to the far reaches of next year which is quite a long time for the same league. So instead we could do an Opening and Closing day whereby we play for example 3 of the games, that would total over a month off the league's length without reducing the quality.

As per avaliability we could run it on a Saturday or Sunday, either is fine with me. With a time slot of say 2 hours a game so there's no rush and half hour breaks, that makes for an 8 hour day. It could run from midday till 8pm and people could play 1, 2 or 3 games for the league and if the player numbers don't match up then I'm sure there will be opponents available for fun games.

Of course a 40k Apocalypse game could be run on the same day, as I know you can sometimes need a whole day for those mammoth battles!
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Did I mention that kick-starting the Warmachine league this way was Simon's idea?

Wink
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."