Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2013 - Sunday 27th January
i might pop down for a bit depending on the weather,might be a nice spin if the sun comes out
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
I'll pick up Gaz first in the morning, then Justin, Vince and Mick (if he's coming along).

Justin - can you remind me of your address and mobile number.

Any probs, just give me a shout on my mobile.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Bit of an error with my boards. I was going to bring the grey ones for Infinity. However I forgot I glued snow patches onto them. I have brought some brown ones down. You'll just have to imagine its a but muddy.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Many thanks to the chaps who ran games today.

Was a great event, building on the success of last year. We managed to pick up some scenery bargains too - the FoW crowd have a 15mm treat in store Smile
Was just going through the painting comp, and never knew there was a "Steel Warriors" theme. Maybe a bright Green Gremlin, in Hotpants and a Pig, may not have been such a suitable choice.

Congratulations to Luke for winning the Young Bloods painting comp.

Nice to see Andy make the trip down.

Glos Con feels more personal, than our trips to Salute and Expo, whose scales made me feel like one of a disposable crowd. I think we should consider plans for 2014, earlier in the year than we did last, as I have thoroughly enjoyed our trips both years.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Chris has sounded us out on whether we'll be attending again next year - safe to say "yes" I think.
Just wanted to say a big thankyou to you guys for attending yesterday and putting on some excellent games. Thank you for your great feedback especially about this event being more personable than alot of the big ones, it does mean alot. I try and keep things as sociable and flowing as possible. In fact one guy said he enjoyed yesterday more than last years Games Day! (I think he just really exciteable!)
We are looking forward to your continuing support and I have already reserved your spaces for next year!
Well done to the 'Big Fella' Luke for winning the Youngbloods.......awesome stuff!

Cheers

Chris
Would love to see a pic of the model Luke won with! Congrats mate!
Thanks Nick, Chris and Gareth, really appreciate it. Here's the Forgefather that I entered:

McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Well done Luke! Congrats!

If next year has the event on a Sunday then I won't be able to attend but I am more than happy to help support any endeavours.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)