Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2013 - Sunday 27th January
Some info from Robey on the next MiniCon.

Quote:It's now been almost two months since MiniCon 2012. Let me begin by thanking you all for your tremendous contributions to the planning, organization and execution of the day's events. I think the idea that we should do it again in 2013 was agreed unanimously by all who attended. So, being aware that the clock is already ticking, it's time to start making plans. To that end, could I poll you all to look at a few issues that will help to shape how MiniCon evolves for its next incarnation.

1. Date. The proposed date for MiniCon 2013 is the last Sunday in January: that is, the 27th. This should be, again, the day after Crusade in Penarth. If anyone can think of a pressing reason why we shouldn't use this day, now is your chance to say so, otherwise we're going to push forward and update the website accordingly.

2. Venue. The Gloucester Centre for the Deaf was a great venue for the size of event we ran. I suggest that, with better publicity and the presumption of repeat attendance across the board, we should aim for a larger venue within our modest budget. This should be in either Cheltenham or Gloucester (or very near one of these), have suitable parking, support facilities (power, toilets, disabled access etc) and have at least 3 distinct spaces of different sizes that can be used for the day's activities. To being publicity, we need to settle quickly upon a venue, so all suggestions are welcome and I will, in concert with as many participants as possible, check out the suitability and price of all proposed venues ASAP.

3. Activities. I think it's fair to say that the continuing focus of the event should be the opportunity for attendees to join in the largest possible number of participation games. I think we should aim for 15-20 separate games in 2013 (so that should give an idea of the size of venue we want to occupy). We welcome input on whether we should continue to run one or more simultaneous tournaments or use the room to make space for more vendors. It has also been suggested that we should open up the participation games to boardgames, roleplay games and card games as well: please let us know your thoughts on this idea.

4. Initial Planning Meeting. I unilaterally suggest that we convene and initial planning meeting at the Gloucester Centre for the Deaf at 1830 on Wednesday 25th April. This will confirm the date, the venue and the activities based on feedback to the above points, and begin the process of organizing the event. I'll get an agenda out closer to the date and those who can't make it are welcome to send input, suggestions and thoughts that will be presented for consideration at the meeting.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Particaption infinity at the event between the three of us Simon and Justin?
DO a board and everything?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Orange Square had Infinity stuff there last year. Be aware of stepping on other peoples toes.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Think they were selling only, when i went over there there particaption game was EX ellis i think? Though i could be wrong?
So if we did a particaption game of infinity, with them selling infinity, would be a win/win situation i think. Tongue
But you are right, it is worthwhile chcking things before hand.
Planning quite a nice infinity board and would like to aim for something is all.
Blood bowl Skaven
They were primarily demoing Bushido with some demo pieces of Infinity on hand if anyone was interested throughout the day.

I'd like to do a Warmachine demo table again as that's my real wargaming love but I'm easy and don't mind, so long as I get to take part Big Grin
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
No worries Simon, think you both did a good job getting people interested in warmachine last time so would be good idea for you to do again!
No pressure from me to do me a inifinity thing, just looking for excuses to do more stuff involving it. Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
Nothing is stopping you from running an Infinity table, perhaps with someone else from the club? That or if anyone else would like to take part in running the Warmachine table perhaps we could then have potentially 3 systems being demoed representing Redditch Wargaming Society (Under the assumption the Cutlass table will make a very welcome re-appearance).
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
I don't mind, i am currently in the process of building up a infinity board which would like to use.
What i worry about more is my rule knowledge, which is poor at the minute.
Thought there is plenty of time to brush it up before then, maybe worthwhile seeing what space is available and then discussing. If there are plans by someone else at another club to run a infinity table i'm happy to take a back seat though. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
I was interested in doing an infinity board for this one actually, the warmachine demo could be left in Simons capable hands, though I expect Alan or Stuart wouldn't mind helping with it
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Coolio, will harass you tomorrow night then. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven