Poll: Which Of The Following Would You Prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tournament
0%
0 0%
League
87.50%
7 87.50%
Campaign
12.50%
1 12.50%
Oher (Please comment below)
0%
0 0%
Not Interested
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interested In A Tournament/League?
(01-07-2011, 08:30 PM)manrogue Wrote: How much would you be looking at to start a warmachine army? Specifically Cygnar, like ranged troops! I like the look of the game and may just get myself an army now finished my 40k off, branch out a bit......

For a 25pt army you'd be looking around the £70 to £80 in total depending on which units/solos you pick up and whether you like the Cygnar Starter Box's models. You'd spend around £150 at maximum to field a 35pt army and have an extra unit, solo and Warjack to switch around I'd imagine.

Cygnar definitely do the ranged game very well, their main infantry being the Long Gunners and the second Trenchers with the equivalent of an Elite unit being Gun Mages heh.

Feel free to start up a thread if you'd like to know more about any particular faction, just to keep this one clear with League/Tournament ideas.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
would hordes be able to play or just warmachine fractions
Hordes would be able to play too, in fact privateer press' tournaments and leagues include all warmachine and horde factions, and as they can be combined a lot of people call it warmahordes Smile
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

(01-07-2011, 07:55 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: Theres three of us with khador, Rachel, Simon and myself, with me having the most as i've been using them longer. Within each faction there are several warcasters all having very different playstyles andchanging how you use the army. As for other factions Gareth has Cryx as does Kat when she can make it along, Stuart has started with cygnar who Craig also does, but again when he can be able to make it. For Protectorate theres Luke and Mike, Simon also plays Retribution and i have a small mercenary warband.
sounds like quite a few collect khador.
what should i get after the battlebox.

my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
(02-07-2011, 07:46 AM)Dark Wolf Wrote: sounds like quite a few collect khador.
what should i get after the battlebox.

For Khador there's a fair few options depending on your play style and what you personally like models wise.

Start up a new thread about collecting Khador and we'll help you out Smile
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Would you be looking at a set list for the league (possibly with a sideboard,) or allow complete list switches. I'm also assuming factions would be locked at the start.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Yeah factions would be locked, and lists would be pretty much the same though with a sideboard of 10 points you actually have a good few options. Warcasters would be set since different warcasters have different playstyles and to help those who don't have many models have a fair chance with those who have most of the faction. Depending how this league goes we could look at doing a story driven campaign where players can switch their casters and armies a bit more freely

with the league are we gonna do it for ever and then when other people are playong other things the league can still carry on for people who are still playing warmachine...

we could make up wacky names to put on the league table for us. so like a team name for your warmachine army.
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Me and simon still need to talk through the finer details of it, but my idea would be to have it similar to football leagues where everyone is set a number of games to play, so if one week people wanted to play malifaux,40K,warhammer or something then they would have a game in hand to play so the people who played warmachine each week wouldn't have an unfair advantage. As far as names go its your army and as long as everyone is having fun thats all that matters so it could be anything you liked

Me & Justin, as per the response to the poll, are going to start working on and iron out the rules for a WarmaHordes League. Provisionally it'll be 25pt with a 10pt side board (so you can modify your lists slightly each week) and it will be locked Faction, but I digress, we'll work all of that out over the next few weeks.

Be prepared for a first week of August start date. More information & polls will be posted up shortly!

And yes, names for your armies sound fantastic! Big Grin