Poll: Which Of The Following Would You Prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tournament
0%
0 0%
League
87.50%
7 87.50%
Campaign
12.50%
1 12.50%
Oher (Please comment below)
0%
0 0%
Not Interested
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interested In A Tournament/League?
After seeing the success the W40k campaign is having in the club, I'm becoming warmed up to the idea of running a small Warmachine/Hordes tournament/league/campaign.

This wouldn't start running for a good few weeks yet if not for a month or two so you still have time to assemble, paint and play some games for fun and to gauge which models you'd use in such a setting.

Feel free to post any ideas or comments you'd like to me as this is purely a fact finding post for now.

Edit: 'None of the Above' should read 'Other' instead, my apologies I was running off autopilot from work today ^_^
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Count me in! So would a league be run on a points basis, while a tournament would be knockout type thing? And what's involved in a campaign?

(29-06-2011, 12:38 AM)Etched Oracle Wrote:
Edit: 'None of the Above' should read 'Other' instead, my apologies I was running off autopilot from work today ^_^

Fixed Smile

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I was thinking of this after browsing the Dark Spere sites calendar. They run an escalation league that started off at 15 points and monthly increased through 25, 35 and 50 points. Each step had to be fully painted at the end of each month.

Personally I would be interested but I wouldn't want to play WM/Hordes every week, with myself being a fantasy and hopefully Malifaux player.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
i don't mind how many pts. Once i get my warmachine stuff i would love to join in
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
I don't really mind on how many points it would be, as, by next week, I should be getting an extra 10pts (to give me options), but I'm unsure on how many points other people will be able to manage, as I believe that at least 2 people will only have battleboxes, so.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
The ideal right now would be to do a League as then the tables will be fair if players don't want to have a WarmaHordes battle every single week. That way you can take a week or 2 off to play other systems etc.

We'd be looking at doing 35pts if possible as that's the usual level of play in these kinds of events. It gives you more flexibility and allows for more interesting army compositions.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Sounds good to me, I'd better acquire some Long Gunners in readiness!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Yup, me too. Any idea when it will be starting? It's just that if it's next week, then I may not be able to have a 35pt match, as, although they probably will be here in time for it, then the miniatures that I have on the way will make up my 35pts, but, as I said, they probably will be here this week or over the weekend or on Monday or something like that. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to a good match against Simon next week Big Grin.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
If your thinking of using it as tournament practice, they use the timed turns so might be worth factoring that in.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
i won't be able to play until i have my battle box and if it s 35pt it might be hard for the beginners like me.
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green