Poll: Which Of The Following Would You Prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tournament
0%
0 0%
League
87.50%
7 87.50%
Campaign
12.50%
1 12.50%
Oher (Please comment below)
0%
0 0%
Not Interested
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interested In A Tournament/League?
Just out of interest, do you have a small idea of when this is planned to begin?
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(30-06-2011, 08:47 AM)Dark Wolf Wrote: i won't be able to play until i have my battle box and if it s 35pt it might be hard for the beginners like me.

That's not a problem, we could do 25pt games if it means more of you can join in such as yourself Big Grin But I'd prefer to not go below that points level though as it means you won't be able to put much variation in your list. Don't worry, the next answer will ease your worries...

(30-06-2011, 07:52 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: Just out of interest, do you have a small idea of when this is planned to begin?

Beginning of August at the earliest I'd say. Why the long delay? It gives everyone time to buy, build and assemble an army and most importantly, it allows time for the newest players to learn the rules and be comfortable with playing battles. We don't want to have a situation where games are being delayed to teach the rules and vice versa, I'd hate to see or hear of a game being played where the players didn't know the rules and had a bad time because of it.

Does that seem like a fair time schedule?
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
If we do it as a league, then we won't have the problem of people having to play warmachine each week, it would be based on games in hand much like the football leagues so that people can easily play other games without losing points to the players only playing warmachine.
And we want people to be comfortable with their armies and have fun playing and get as much enjoyment out of it as us 'veterans'
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

(30-06-2011, 08:49 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Beginning of August at the earliest I'd say. Why the long delay? It gives everyone time to buy, build and assemble an army and most importantly, it allows time for the newest players to learn the rules and be comfortable with playing battles. We don't want to have a situation where games are being delayed to teach the rules and vice versa, I'd hate to see or hear of a game being played where the players didn't know the rules and had a bad time because of it.

Does that seem like a fair time schedule?

That sounds great. That would give plenty of time for people's models toarrive and for them to get them built up. That would also give me plenty of time to even make a start on my painting Big Grin.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
me to, if i like the game i will order the battlebox 1st week and then after some more games research a little and see what else i could buy

are there any easy armies to collect which are pritty straight forward?
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
(01-07-2011, 04:14 PM)Dark Wolf Wrote: are there any easy armies to collect which are pritty straight forward?

Technically no, there's no 'Space Marines' in Warmachine as there only a handful of factions and they are very well balanced. The only faction which can be difficult to master (Note master, not learn Wink) is Cryx as their play style is rather crafty. With that, you are left with the choice of either Cygnar (Ranged & lightning), Menoth (Support spells & fire), Khador (Hard hitting & ice), Retribution of Scyrah (Space elves & glass cannons) and last but not least Mercenaries (Pirates, Dwarves (Called the Rhulic) and lots of steel).

Hope that helps you with a quick and brief run-down. The armies are far more evolved then this but it gives you the general jist.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
khador sounds my type hard hitting close up!!
anyone collect khador in the club?
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Theres three of us with khador, Rachel, Simon and myself, with me having the most as i've been using them longer. Within each faction there are several warcasters all having very different playstyles andchanging how you use the army. As for other factions Gareth has Cryx as does Kat when she can make it along, Stuart has started with cygnar who Craig also does, but again when he can be able to make it. For Protectorate theres Luke and Mike, Simon also plays Retribution and i have a small mercenary warband.
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

From what I understand Cryx run alot more units (i.e. Foot troops,) than Warjacks. As such there are more models to collect. I'm sure Simon or Justin can confirm / dismiss this, but might be worth considering if you feel the call of the Dragon Father.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
How much would you be looking at to start a warmachine army? Specifically Cygnar, like ranged troops! I like the look of the game and may just get myself an army now finished my 40k off, branch out a bit......
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven